Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PS 3.0: Open projects from previous versions of PS & PM

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> PS 3.0: Open projects from previous versions of PS & PM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PS 3.0: Open projects from previous versions of PS & PM - 8/27/2011 2:50:36 PM   
Brandy redux

Projects which were created by Print Shop 23.1, 22, 21 and PrintMaster 18.1, 18, 17 can be opened in Print Shop 3.0 - by doing this:

1. Click on the 'Main Menu' tab - which is to the left of the 'Home' tab.

2. Hover your mouse over the 'Open' option, then click on the 'Open the Print Shop 23, 22 or 21 Project' option.

However, it must be kept in mind that some (but not all) text and graphic objects in the older projects will react differently in Print Shop 3.0 than they did in the program in which they were originally created.

The older files will become rasterized - which means that some objects will become permanent parts of the Print Shop 3.0 project and cannot be edited. It will still be possible to add additional text and/or graphic elements to your Print Shop 3.0 project and/or cover up objects you don't want to be displayed on your Print Shop 3.0 project.

HOWEVER, some objects can be edited in Print Shop 3.0 in a very similar manner to the way in which those objects could be edited in the product in which the project was created. So, the text in some text objects can be changed, the font and size can be changed and Opacity, Border, Drop Shadow and Blur options can be applied to either the text box or the text within the text box.

And, some graphic objects can be opened in both the Image Editor and the Photo Editor.

Please do keep in mind that Broderbund offers a 30-day Money-Back Guarantee for all of it products - even after the product has been installed.

Please click on the link below

http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

to check out the Refund Policy.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 1/24/2012 9:54:39 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com
Post #: 1
RE: PS 3.0: Open projects from previous versions of Pri... - 9/1/2011 11:08:28 PM   
Brandy redux

It has been discovered that when a project file which was created in either Print Shop 23.1, 22, 21 or PrintMaster 18.1, 18, 17 is opened in Print Shop 3.0, Print Shop 3.0 will create several files in the folder from which the Print Shop 23.1, 22, 21 or PrintMaster 18.1, 18, 17 project file was opened.

One *.xml file will always be created. And, one image file (*.jpg, *.png, *.wmf, etc.) will be created for each image which exists in the original Print Shop 23.1, 22, 21 or PrintMaster 18.1, 18, 17 project file.

So, to prevent those files from filling up your hard drive, it might be a very good idea to frequently check the folders where your Print Shop 23.1, 22, 21 or PrintMaster 18.1, 18, 17 project files are stored after you open any of those files in Print Shop 3.0.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/1/2011 11:13:54 PM >

For More Help:

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 2
RE: PS 3.0: Open projects from previous versions of Pri... - 9/1/2011 11:16:16 PM   
Brandy redux

It has been discovered that some objects in some Print Shop 23.1, 22, 21 and PrintMaster 18.1, 18, 17 project files will not open at all in Print Shop 3.0.

So far, I have determined that Backdrops and Border Plus objects which were created in Print Shop 21 will not open in Print Shop 3.0. So, it is quite possible that other objects will also not open in Print Shop 3.0.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 1/24/2012 10:30:08 PM >

For More Help:

Post #: 3
RE: PS 3.0: Open projects from previous versions of Pri... - 1/24/2012 10:29:30 PM   
Brandy redux

It has been discovered that if The Print Shop 2.0, 23.1, 23, 22 and 21 or PrintMaster 17, 18 and 18.1 projects are stored in the same folder where the program is installed (i.e C:\Program Files\The Print Shop 23), it will not be possible to open those projects in Print Shop 3.0. Any attempt to open those projects in Print Shop 3.0 will cause the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message to be displayed.

So, before attempting to open any The Print Shop 2.0, 23.1, 23, 22 and 21 or PrintMaster 17, 18 and 18.1 projects in Print Shop 3.0, all project files should be copied to a sub-folder of the My Documents folder.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 1/24/2012 10:30:38 PM >

For More Help:

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> PS 3.0: Open projects from previous versions of PS & PM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4