As to where you said this:
"Do you think I need to remove the whole program from my computer then download the Lion update & see if it will work."
The most important point to keep in mind is that, without the patch, PrintMaster Platinum 2012 cannot be successfully installed on any Mac computer that is running OS X Lion - because, without the patch, PrintMaster 2012 is not compatible with OS X Lion. So, the problem cannot be fixed by downloading the Lion update. As a matter of fact, downloading the Lion update might just complicate matters.
If I were you, I would do this:
1. Send PrintMaster Platinum and all related files and folders to the Trash - including the patch that you said you had downloaded twice.
2. Empty the trash.
3. Click on the link below
then follow the directions - exactly as described:
1. Put the PrintMaster 2012 Install disk into the disk drive then continue with step # 2 below.
2. Navigate to: http://go.encoreusa.com/765 and follow the prompts to save the file to your computer.
3. Unzip the PM 2012-Lion update file once you have completed the download.
4. After the file is unzipped, double-click the Lion update file.
5. Complete the installation for PrintMaster 2012 Platinum.
As to where you said this:
"I have sent an email to them but they have yet to reply, the things that I did I got from the technical site & yes I did check that I am the administrator so that is all Ok. Do the tech people usually reply at some stage?"
The only time that Technical Support can accept direct emails is as a reply to an email which is sent to the customer by either Customer Service or Technical Support. All other direct emails are automatically deleted by the system.
The only acceptable method for contacting either Customer Service or Technical Support is explained in this FAQ
So, if you did, actually, attempt to contact Technical Support by direct email, you will never receive a reply. However, if you did submit an Online Support Request, it is very important to keep in mind that Online Support Requests which are submitted to Technical Support are ALWAYS answered in the order they are received. However, since Technical Support often experiences a backlog, you might not receive an answer for as much as a week or more. Please DO NOT submit a 2nd or 3rd question - because this only increases the backlog.
If my suggestion above does not help to solve your problem, I'm afraid that you have only 2 options:
1. Wait for Technical Support to reply.
2. Request a Refund - if you purchased PrintMaster 2012 from a retail store within the last 90 days or from either broderbund.com, encore.com or hoylegaming.com within the last 30 days.
Please click on the link below
to check out the Refund Policy.
< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 7/22/2012 5:53:18 PM >
For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page
To contact me by email, please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org