Joined: 12/14/2005 From: Hayward, CA Status: offline
Under Windows 8, program install behavior has been slightly modified.
For older Hoyle titles / Encore Entertainment Software titles which may include "Encore Launchpad" Do the following:
1. Start Windows 8 as an administrator
2. Click on the "Desktop Tile"
3. Insert the program disc into the drive
4. On the top right, a tile appears asking you what you would like to do with the program. Select Browser for Files and Folders. Locate Setup.exe , Double Click it to install
5. The program installs as Normal.
For programs that do not include Encore Launchpad You can use the directions above or utilize AutoRun.
Special note : During installation on your desktop, on the taskbar you may a shield appear now and then. This is the User Account Control asking for your permission. Just click the shield and choose "Yes"
Post New Thread
Reply to Message
Post New Poll
Delete My Own Post
Delete My Own Thread
Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.
If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.