Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: address labels

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> RE: address labels Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: address labels - 2/5/2013 1:42:40 PM   
ellengard

When you selected the label sheet Avery 5160, did you get a full 8.5x11 sheet of paper, not a 3x1 label? (as shown in my post #4)

You are supposed to see a 3x1 label. If you instead got a 8.5x11 page (this could be a Win8 issue), try putting the text box in the upper left corner of the page, where the first label would be. See if that works.

Also, see if mail merge works for other project types e.g. envelopes, business cards. It may be an issue restricted to the Avery 5160 template. We may be able to work around that.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/5/2013 1:43:58 PM >

(in reply to Dave Giffin)
Post #: 21
RE: address labels - 2/5/2013 2:15:57 PM   
lydia1740

quote:

Maybe they gave you the Standard version instead of the Deluxe version by mistake? I'll think on this some more...

When an attempt is made to perform a mail merge with the Standard version of Print Shop 3.0, the Insert Fields option will remain grayed out, which prevents the user from selecting the desired Mail Merge Fields. So, if it is possible to click on the Fields in the Insert Fields box, that would mean that it is not the Standard version.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 22
RE: address labels - 2/7/2013 3:38:42 AM   
Dave Giffin

OK, thanks. I will hold off for now. I do have a project to create address labels for a high school reunion letter, but I have several weeks yet to get it done.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 23
RE: address labels - 2/7/2013 9:32:53 AM   
ellengard

If you got a 8.5x11 rather than a 3x1 canvas when you selected Avery 5160, try putting the text box in the upper left corner of the page, where the first label would be.

If that works, you will be able to do the reunion project without resorting to lots of additional effort, and you may not need to worry about getting a refund.

The refund policy is good for 90 days after purchase.
http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

Post #: 24
RE: address labels - 2/7/2013 2:41:56 PM   
Dave Giffin

Unfortunately, the canvas is a 3 X 1 box. It looks to be about 10 X 4, which is close to 3 X 1.

Dave

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 25
RE: address labels - 2/7/2013 4:46:05 PM   
ellengard

OK, then. One more thing, if you wouldn't mind doing another test on Win8. Try to do a mail merge with something other than a label project, like an envelope. I'll pass the results along to a forum administrator and perhaps something will come out of that.

Post #: 26
RE: address labels - 2/8/2013 2:29:39 PM   
Dave Giffin

I tried another project, using an envelope instead of a label. I chose the standard size envelope, selected the fields as I have done before, putting the field info in the center of the envelope canvas. No luck, the page came out blank again. Or maybe I should say blankety-blank (sorry, but I think one needs a little humor in the face of all this failure).

Dave

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 27
RE: address labels - 2/8/2013 5:42:39 PM   
ellengard

Hi Dave. Thanks for your test results. Stay tuned. I may have some news for you shortly.

Post #: 28
RE: address labels - 2/8/2013 6:00:45 PM   
ellengard

You can get the typing portion of your reunion project done in the meanwhile. May I suggest you make your Address Book with NotePad and save as txt. That way, no matter what program you eventually use to do your mail merge, that program will be able to import the txt file.

Put each record on a new line. Separate each field with a tab or comma. Use the first line for headers i.e.

first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, country
Jane, Smith, 123 Avenue, Springfield, IL, 00000, USA

Post #: 29
RE: address labels - 2/11/2013 10:41:19 PM   
ellengard

I'm sorry to say that you won't be able to do mail merging on Win8 with PS3.0. You may want to see the refund policy:
http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

If you want to send me your address info in a txt file, I'll mail merge it for you and send it back as a PDF for easy printing.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/11/2013 10:49:22 PM >

Post #: 30
RE: address labels - 2/15/2013 5:33:35 AM   
Dave Giffin

Thanks again for all your responses to my issue. I appreciate your offer concerning my address file, but I think I will go ahead with my back-up plan, which is to use the Avery software to create my labels.

Dave

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 31
RE: address labels - 2/15/2013 10:16:11 AM   
ellengard

Here's one last work around given to me by a Win8 user. It involves toggling "Repeat Contacts To The End Of Sheet" on/off.

To begin, open Print Shop 3.0 Deluxe. Select “Create from Scratch” on the Select a New Project window.
Change the Project Type to Label Sheet.
Select Avery 5160 Address and click Create
Click on Text Box under the Insert Object in the left navigation bar. Select Add Text Box.
Drag a text box on the project.
You now have the Text tab activated. Begin inserting the fields you need for the mail merge (First Name, Last Name, etc.)
Select the Setup Mail Merge option.
Select the Repeat Contacts To The End Of Sheet so that there is a checkmark in the box.
Select the people you want to add to your mail merge and click Save.
Do a Print Preview. If your merged items are not shown, close the preview.
Open the Setup Mail Merge again. Uncheck the Repeat Contacts To End Of Sheet and click Save.
Do a Print Preview again. Does this change anything? If so, go back to Setup Mail Merge and check that Repeat box and try the print preview. Did it show this time?

Post #: 32
RE: address labels - 2/15/2013 12:38:57 PM   
Dave Giffin

Wonder of wonders!!! That worked! I also wonder how that Win8 user came up with that process, but who cares, I guess. I am thrilled. Thank you so very much for your diligence. I'm really glad I had not started with my back-up plan. You may cross me off your list of frustrated customers. I'm now on my way to creating my address labels using PrintShop3.0 Deluxe.

Dave

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 33
RE: address labels - 2/15/2013 12:50:09 PM   
ellengard

Fantastic!

Post #: 34
RE: address labels - 12/17/2013 6:55:14 AM   
Xaolin2

Hi,
I have the same problem and I read all the instructions listed and even downloaded the Avery DesignPro5 just to see what can make the address book print. I tried everything and to no avail. The print shop keeps on freezing after I check, uncheck, check the box for the " Repeat Contacts To End Of Sheet ". I have to alt., ctrl, del. the whole thing. Any number that I can call for a live person to talk to?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 35
RE: address labels - 12/17/2013 10:26:09 AM   
ellengard

Since your program keeps freezing, this is definitely a tech problem.

Here is the link to tech support for The Print Shop 3.0 Deluxe. If this is not your product, post back and I will find you the appropriate link.

http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=2826

(in reply to Xaolin2)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> RE: address labels Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4