Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work - 10/18/2013 6:32:55 PM   
Antiqueynot

I have been using Printshop versions for many years. Recently got a new computer that runs Windows 8. I had no problems. I installed the WIndows 8.1 upgrade and now when I click the Printshop 22 icon, the program goes through an installation process, I put in the Install disc as asked and I get "Error opening HKLM with All Access - setting up registry" and the installation stalls. I also get another small window that says "fatal error during the installation". I have searched, tried many different things discussed and none work. Is there a solution. I really like Printshop products. Thanks Tony
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work - 10/18/2013 6:41:07 PM   
JasonC

You will need to go through the Control Panel to remove this program and reinstall it. I don't have Windows 8 anymore due to the excessive problems it caused my computer.

However go into the Start Tile Screen, and type in Programs and Features, or Control Panel, something should come up where you can uninstall the program.

Unfortunately we don't have much information to go on about Windows 8.1 which I will be submitting your inquiry to my contact at Encore so they can evaluate this behavior for further analysis

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Antiqueynot)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work - 10/18/2013 6:49:08 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: Antiqueynot

I have been using Printshop versions for many years. Recently got a new computer that runs Windows 8. I had no problems. I installed the WIndows 8.1 upgrade and now when I click the Printshop 22 icon, the program goes through an installation process, I put in the Install disc as asked and I get "Error opening HKLM with All Access - setting up registry" and the installation stalls. I also get another small window that says "fatal error during the installation". I have searched, tried many different things discussed and none work. Is there a solution. I really like Printshop products. Thanks Tony

Just so you know, Windows 8 is not a supported operating system and Encore Technical Support is not obligated to provide support to you where an operating system is not listed.

The system requirements for this particular program is found here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=38171

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 3
RE: Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work - 10/18/2013 6:50:55 PM   
Antiqueynot

Jason,
Thank you for your response. My last computer died and the new one came with Windows 8 installed, no choice. Printshop 22 worked perfectly with Windows 8, I must admit I was surprised. Today, after installing the 8.1 update, this problem arose. I will R+R Printshop 22 and see what happens, and report. Thanks again

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 4
RE: Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work - 10/18/2013 7:02:32 PM   
JasonC

Your quite welcome I'm glad I was able to provide you response. However still I will inquire at Encore for further information.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 5
RE: Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work - 10/18/2013 7:47:58 PM   
Antiqueynot

Please do. I rebooted, attempted a fresh install, and it failed. I tried a Microsoft NET patch but that failed too. I did get one window that said "1603: error installing Microsoft. NET Framework". I will buy Printshop 3.5 as I see that is listed as Windows 8 compatible, but will only do so if assured that it will work with the 8.1 upgrade. I mostly use Printshop to make business cards and REALLY need it for that. Windows 8 does seem to be a PITA. Thanks for your help, Tony AKA Antiqueynot If you want a chuckle, go to YouTube, search under "Antiqueynot" and you will see a video about a 1939 American Bantam Roadster that I recently brought back to life after being in storage since 1967.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work - 10/18/2013 7:49:53 PM   
Antiqueynot

Jason, just saw message about Encore not being required to support this inquiry so I REALLY appreciate anything you may be able to do. Thanks once again, Antiqueynot

Post #: 7
RE: Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work - 10/18/2013 9:48:57 PM   
JasonC

I strongly recommend you purchase the very latest version of the software if Version 22 is what you were working with previously. It is a highly compatible build on Windows 8.

Windows 8.1 is technically more of a patch rather then a whole new operating system.

You can also get 25% off your order by signing up for the mailing list. Encore and Broderbund has regular sales as well so be sure to look out for it.

Here is the link to the newsletter, you can opt out at any time http://www.broderbund.com/c-10-email-sign-up.aspx

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 8
RE: Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work - 10/19/2013 3:26:18 AM   
Antiqueynot

TMLFAN4LIFE,
I have just signed up for the newsletter, and after I grab a cup of coffee, it's 6:15 AM here, I will download Printshop 3.5. This is a shame as 22 worked just fine up until the 8.1 upgrade but such is the price of progress I guess. Thanks again for helping as I do realize that you all were not required to. Please drop by YouTube and search under "Antiqueynot" for the 1939 American Bantam video. TTFN

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 9
RE: Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work - 10/19/2013 5:45:44 AM   
Antiqueynot

Just purchased Printshop 3.5 and it installed just fine. I am quite a learning curve but it's good for this old brain. One problem I had was that the website for the download would not accept either credit card , AMEX or Visa Debit card. It said both were invalid numbers, which is just not true. It worked fine using PayPal. This was kind of a pain but everything worked out in the end. It is a shame that Printshop 22 would not work with the upgrade but that's life I guess. Thanks again for the help and I will continue to use and buy Printshop presuming that 3.5 works as well as past versions have. I have found that using projects created in 22 come through as fuzzy but .. Thanks once again. Check that YouTube video, Antiqueynot

Post #: 10
RE: Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work - 10/19/2013 7:21:28 AM   
JasonC

I'm very happy that you were able to use the newer version of the program. I'd like the users on the forums to get the most of their software, whatever goals they have to achieve.

However outdated software can cause lots of stability issues , and may require advanced software troubleshooting when the issues arise as a result of using a program that is not compatible for your operating system.

That's why I highly recommend people check the system requirements on the particular software they want to purchase before buying it. Although Encore does have a satisfaction guarantee if something does not work , you can return for a refund , each product has a different guideline however.

Just remember, these forums are here for you, so if you run into anything in the new program you don't understand please don't hesitate to stop by these forums again. There are very knowledgeable users on these forums pertaining to the productivity side of things and they are amazing.

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 10/19/2013 7:24:44 AM >

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Windows 8.1 upgrade now PS 22 won't work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4