Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printing a calendar

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Printing a calendar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printing a calendar - 2/16/2017 4:24:27 PM   
josieod

Please Help! I am able to create a monthly calendar, but unable to print one month to fill an 8 1/2 x 11" page. When I look at Calendar Creator File/Page Setup, the left margin is set at 0.06 (correct), but the right margin is set to 0.57 (incorrect). This causes the monthly page to print on only half of the paper. I have been emailed by support that there is no was to change the margin settings. This does not make sense to me. My HP printer margins are correctly set to 8 1/2 x 11, and my previous version of Calendar Creator worked beautifully.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jo Ann
Post #: 1
RE: Printing a calendar - 2/16/2017 8:19:13 PM   
DEJenc3

I don't have easy access to Calendar Creator 2016, but I'll have a look when I can.

In the meantime: Does the calendar appear to display properly on the screen, or print preview (if available)? That is, does the problem occur only with printed output, or is the screen view of the calendar cut off?

If the screen display is ok, try printing to pdf. It's possible that the pdf file will print correctly, and if it doesn't, you have more options for print tweaking in Adobe Reader.

David

(in reply to josieod)
Post #: 2
RE: Printing a calendar - 2/17/2017 11:15:26 AM   
josieod

Thank you, David. Yes, the calendar looks correct on the screen and measures 8 1/2 x 11. It is only the printed output (and page margins in the software) that are incorrect. I'll give PDF a try.

Jo Ann

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: Printing a calendar - 2/17/2017 1:25:05 PM   
JasonC

As a workaround, if you click on File > Page Setup, you can make up for what the printer is doing when it comes to having these issues.

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to josieod)
Post #: 4
RE: Printing a calendar - 2/17/2017 4:29:45 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: josieod
...I have been emailed by support that there is no was to change the margin settings. This does not make sense to me.

Nor to me. Before print, go to Page Setup and zero out the margins, just like in the screen capture Jason posted. That's not even what I call a workaround - that's just doing a standard page setup.

It is my habit to zero out the margins ALWAYS before I print, since I usually want full bleed printing.

Apologies if you meant that your margin keeps defaulting back to 0.57 after you've tried changing it several times.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 2/17/2017 5:39:00 PM >

(in reply to josieod)
Post #: 5
RE: Printing a calendar - 2/20/2017 11:17:54 AM   
josieod

David,

I did print to a pdf file and that worked - Thank you!

Jason & Ellengard,

I tries Page Setup - no luck. it defaults back to 0.57. But, thanks for responding!

Jo Ann

(in reply to josieod)
Post #: 6
RE: Printing a calendar - 2/20/2017 12:43:10 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: josieod
...I tries Page Setup - no luck. it defaults back to 0.57.

Check HP's website for your model's latest driver for Win 10. (or the Win version you are running) Installing the new printer driver may solve this problem. The PDF workaround is also my go-to plan B, but printing directly from the program should be available to you.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/20/2017 12:48:08 PM >

(in reply to josieod)
Post #: 7
RE: Printing a calendar - 8/11/2017 12:21:19 PM   
cmccown

I am trying to print a month on two pages calendar and need to know how to print multiple copies of the pages UNCOLLATED. Can anyone help?

(in reply to josieod)
Post #: 8
RE: Printing a calendar - 8/11/2017 1:53:53 PM   
JasonC

This can't be done in the software. Your printer control panel may be able to force this to print on two pages but it's something we would not be able to help with as all printers have different printer software.

A work around is to use the Windows snip tool. create 2 equal portions of the calendar and then start a new blank project. Add in another page and use the import feature to put one half of the calendar as a JPG image and the second half as a JPG. You would need to create a text box if you wish to indicate events on your calendar.

There is also another workaround that involves hiding 1/2 of the calendar off the screen, printing it out then hiding the other half and printing it out.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to cmccown)
Post #: 9
RE: Printing a calendar - 8/11/2017 2:00:51 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: cmccown
I am trying to print a month on two pages calendar...

CC2016 does not have a print on two pages feature. To get around this, save as PDF. Open the PDF in Adobe Reader. Use the print options there to print the calendar tiled across two pages.

(in reply to cmccown)
Post #: 10
RE: Printing a calendar - 8/11/2017 2:35:08 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: cmccown
... how to print multiple copies of the pages UNCOLLATED

I didn't see an uncollated print option in Adobe Reader, so I would do a workaround. I would print my document rescaled to fit two pages, to my PDF writer, in order to create a NEW two page PDF. Then I would open this PDF and view page 1. Print multiple copies of "current view". Then scroll down to view page 2. Print multiple copies of "current view".

(in reply to cmccown)
Post #: 11
RE: Printing a calendar - 8/11/2017 2:55:11 PM   
lindarobin

Print options from Adobe Acrobat Reader DC:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to cmccown)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Printing a calendar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4