Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

SO FRUSTRATED

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> SO FRUSTRATED Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SO FRUSTRATED - 4/19/2017 6:02:14 PM   
memalady

Every time I try to open the software I get the message....
"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
I did find information on the forum on how to handle this....
it confusing to me but I'm writing this message first of all because the 1st step is to open the print.shop 4 professional
but I CANT....I have been getting this message when I try all day.

PLEASE HELLP....IMM WORKING WITH A DEADLINE

Iris Shingles
Post #: 1
RE: SO FRUSTRATED - 4/19/2017 8:38:43 PM   
ellengard

The first step is to open TASK MANAGER. This shows you all the programs that are running including the Print Shop. Select Print Shop, then click END TASK.

The reason you can't open Print Shop is because your computer thinks it is already open. That is why you must convince your computer by "ending Print Shop" in the TASK MANAGER.

(in reply to memalady)
Post #: 2
RE: SO FRUSTRATED - 4/20/2017 9:48:27 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: memalady

Every time I try to open the software I get the message....
"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
I did find information on the forum on how to handle this....
it confusing to me but I'm writing this message first of all because the 1st step is to open the print.shop 4 professional
but I CANT....I have been getting this message when I try all day.

PLEASE HELLP....IMM WORKING WITH A DEADLINE

We need to send you a patch that will resolve this. Alternatively, you can update by clicking on the message that says "An Update is Available" within the template selection screen.

I will send you an email to follow up if you would like the patch update.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to memalady)
Post #: 3
RE: SO FRUSTRATED - 5/18/2017 11:11:58 AM   
oldboy20001

Also Frustrated. Coming to 4.01 from 23.1. I am coming across features that appear to not be in 4.01.

In 23.1 I could right click on an image and select "Full Page" for a background image. In 4.01 it seems I have to stretch the image manually.

In 23.1 I could select a text box and add/edit a highlight around the text I do not see that in 4.01.

In 23.1 I could select an image and then select special effects and fade the edges of the image to different degrees of opacity...edges only. I can only find an opacity feature that changes opacity to the full image.

I create 3 - 5 posters a week for businesses. For me these are truly helpful and professional features. Am I simply looking in the wrong places for these or have they been eliminated. Thanks for any help...it is very much appreciated.

(in reply to memalady)
Post #: 4
RE: SO FRUSTRATED - 5/18/2017 1:00:27 PM   
JasonC

On the text part... Would headlines be a better fit for the type of text editing you want to do?

In regards to the full page background this is pretty easy. Click the Project Tab and click the box next to the red arrow. Pick any image you like and the fill tools become available.

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to oldboy20001)
Post #: 5
RE: SO FRUSTRATED - 5/18/2017 3:09:36 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldboy20001
In 23.1 I could select a text box and add/edit a highlight around the text I do not see that in 4.01.

The closest thing to adding a highlight around paragraph text is applying a shadow:
(more options for artistic text are available through the Headlines feature, but this is more appropriate for titles, not paragraphs)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: SO FRUSTRATED - 5/18/2017 3:25:58 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... fade the edges of the image to different degrees of opacity...edges only

This program can't do that. You would have to use a photo-editing program (e.g. GIMP which is free, but as powerful as Photoshop Elements) to feather the edges of an image or apply a gradient transparency. Then save as PNG with transparency and import the PNG to your project.

Post #: 7
RE: SO FRUSTRATED - 5/18/2017 3:32:42 PM   
ellengard

quote:

In 23.1 I could right click on an image and select "Full Page" for a background image. In 4.01 it seems I have to stretch the image manually.

Yes, that's right. Or, as Jason mentions, there is the background fill feature which offers many more background options.

Here's a tutorial for making a image-fill background:
http://www.printshop.com/blog/2015/6/1/making-a-background.aspx

and a tutorial for making a gradient-fill background:
http://www.printshop.com/blog/2015/1/1/gradients.aspx

Post #: 8
RE: SO FRUSTRATED - 5/25/2018 11:02:57 AM   
tracy neudorf

please i need help too.

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

occurs when trying to open select projects. i followed all steps & got some back but not all.

note: i was adding clip art from print shop pro 22 to print shop deluxe 4 & everything froze. all open project were affected.

also note: this is the least user friendly site i've ever been on. how about a HELP or CONTACT button instead of trying to sell more product.

(in reply to memalady)
Post #: 9
RE: SO FRUSTRATED - 5/25/2018 12:44:14 PM   
ellengard

quote:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This tech article from the Tech Support section of this site has details of the solution:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=2130&product_id=3780

Hopefully, it will be as straight forward as installing the update.

(in reply to tracy neudorf)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> SO FRUSTRATED Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4