Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PS 5.0 not Printing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> PS 5.0 not Printing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PS 5.0 not Printing - 1/31/2019 5:56:59 PM   
Frankenerie

I just installed 5.0 on my computer and attempted to print a brochure i was working on. When I click print it says it's Rendering for about 10 seconds and then nothing. No printing, nothing. Any ideas? Oh, i tried to change my brochure to a PDF but the program wont do anything when i click on Save as PDF. this file was originally created in 4.0.

Frank
Post #: 1
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 1/31/2019 7:20:26 PM   
ellengard

When you say it doesn't print, do you mean just this particular brochure project? Start a new blank project. Add a text box with the word "test". Does this print? Does it save as PDF?

(in reply to Frankenerie)
Post #: 2
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 2/1/2019 12:51:30 PM   
ellengard

If you want to send me your brochure project file, I can have a look and see if there is something that can be done (e.g. flattening layers) to help it print.

(in reply to Frankenerie)
Post #: 3
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 2/11/2019 11:59:11 AM   
Mexikangui

I am having the same problem with a greeting card. I tried printing on my Epson Artisan 837 and Epson Artisan 1430.
It says it is rendering but nothing happens. I looked in my whats printing and nothing appears. It is empty.
I also just purchased the new PS 5.0. I have been using PS 23.1 and other Photoshop programs for the last 25 years.
Help!

Charles Williamson

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 2/11/2019 12:13:38 PM   
ellengard

Check the Epson site for the latest drivers for your models. See if installing new drivers solves your problem.

If you want, I can take a look at your project and see what's what.

(in reply to Mexikangui)
Post #: 5
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 2/11/2019 2:03:30 PM   
Mexikangui

It works great with my PS 23.1 Photoshop and everything else.
How do I send you my greeting card?
Thanks

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 2/11/2019 3:55:45 PM   
ellengard

I sent an email to the address you registered with so you can reply back with project file.

PS 23.1 is a very old program that does not require the latest printer driver.

(in reply to Mexikangui)
Post #: 7
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 2/12/2019 2:01:58 PM   
JasonC

Hi everyone!

Regarding The Print Shop 5.0, I have received some reports of the printing not functioning as expected. We are working with affected customers and are gathering information in order to figure out what's going on. If anyone is affected, please send us an email to support@encore.com and we will work with them to troubleshoot.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 3/12/2019 8:33:44 PM   
KKMann

I downloaded PS 5.0 yesterday. Worked on a banner.....2 pages, just black letters, no color, no graphics. Tried to print and nothing happened. I click print and I don't get the drop down box to pick the printer, there's no print preview. NOHING!!! Ive used PS 23 in the past with no issues and have been for years. I make templates for my wood projects and REALLY need this banner to print.

HELP PLEASE!!!

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 9
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 3/12/2019 8:43:57 PM   
lindarobin

Try this workaround. Save As PDF. Open the PDF with Adobe Reader and print.

The only idea I have for your printer is to install the latest printer driver for your model.

(in reply to KKMann)
Post #: 10
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 3/12/2019 8:58:38 PM   
KKMann

Thank you! I have done that. Some of the things I need to print, I don't really need to save them. I usually add one of my pictures to PS, size and modify it, then print. Its just a hassle to have to save everything, then reopen it in a PDF file. I hope I can get this figured out soon

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 11
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 3/29/2019 9:02:32 PM   
JasonC

We have fixed this behavior in a recently released patch.

You can get more information here https://encoresupport.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000494673-i-am-unable-to-print-or-the-print-preview-does-not-load

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to KKMann)
Post #: 12
RE: PS 5.0 not Printing - 4/29/2019 8:04:32 PM   
wnkburns

The link to the patch does not work. PrintShop reports that it is up to date. Does that mean I already have the patch or will the patch not be sent out through the software update?

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> PS 5.0 not Printing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4