Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Frame/Border around whole Document/Poster..?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Frame/Border around whole Document/Poster..? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Frame/Border around whole Document/Poster..? - 4/29/2007 9:21:58 AM   
martys

hi,

i have the german print shop 21 deluxe - and i try and try and try to get a frame/border around a poster...

if i try the "border-plus-proggie", i find nice side-parts, but no fitting corners...

if i try the frame - hope this is the right english word for it... :) - i can resize it to the whole document, but then the
wide/strength/thickness of the frame is much toooo big....

i loose about a quarter of the layout-size with an oversized frame.....

and i can find no way to resize/scale that graphic down....

i just want a small, narrow border/frame around a poster - is that not possible...?!?!

thanx for every help,
greetings
marty

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Frame/Border around whole Document/Poster..? - 4/29/2007 12:19:06 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: martys
... i just want a small, narrow border/frame around a poster - is that not possible...?!?

You will find several narrow frames/borders in the art gallery that may be suitable.

The border plus feature only tiles a graphic so the corners will never look quite like a real frame.

(in reply to martys)
Post #: 2
RE: Frame/Border around whole Document/Poster..? - 4/30/2007 12:05:30 AM   
martys

hi,

thanx- but when i use them, and resize them to fit the whole document/poster - it looks like above...

this blue frame was pretty (and ;) narrow - but it scales to that wide... - and so it is unusable...

i`d need a way, to scale a frame to poster-size - but the thickness of the frame should stay
small... - as it already was in the good old old print shop deluxe.... there it worked, resize the
frame but the bitmap stay in it`s narrow size.....

marty

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Frame/Border around whole Document/Poster..? - 4/30/2007 9:50:02 AM   
ellengard

quote:

... but the thickness of the frame should stay small...

The thickness stays proportional, not the same size when small. You must choose a frame that is thin compared to the empty space within the frame. I saw a few "thin frames" like that. Also look in the Arts and Photos Gallery for even more borders and frames (rather than just the Frames Gallery).

You can take any of the "thick" frames that are vector graphics and export them as high res JPGs. Import the JPG and crop it with the photo editor tools. I have to leave for work soon, so when I get back, I can make a sample screenshot and upload it.

(in reply to martys)
Post #: 4
RE: Frame/Border around whole Document/Poster..? - 4/30/2007 10:23:35 AM   
martys

hi thank you very much for your help.

that`s too bad - at the old print shop the frames where - i don`t know, vector-grafix or so - there you could change the framesize, without effecting the thickness/form of the frame itself...

i really appreciate your help, you don`t have to waste time for me to make a workaround, i understood how you mean - i will try it that way, but it`s really too bad, that the new print shop can`t scale a frame/border like his grandfather already did.... :(

seems, its just a bitmap - and when you scale it bigger, also the bitmap becomes bigger - very "nice".....

greetings
marty

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Frame/Border around whole Document/Poster..? - 4/30/2007 11:22:19 AM   
ellengard

quote:

... at the old print shop the frames where - i don`t know, vector-grafix or so - there you could change the framesize, without effecting the thickness/form of the frame itself...

Hi, Marty,

I don't have an older PrintShop, but that sounds like a nice feature.

Here is a thin border I found in the Art Gallery. Also a nice frame which I show cropped so that it is thinner.

The easiest thing to do is to simply layer your photo over the frame, covering up parts of it so that the frame appears thin. No editing or fussing required!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 4/30/2007 11:37:32 AM >

(in reply to martys)
Post #: 6
RE: Frame/Border around whole Document/Poster..? - 4/30/2007 8:50:48 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard
The easiest thing to do is to simply layer your photo over the frame, covering up parts of it so that the frame appears thin. No editing or fussing required!

Like this:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Frame/Border around whole Document/Poster..? - 5/1/2007 1:08:06 AM   
martys

wow - that`s looks good.

yeah - that`s a practicable workaround...

i`ll try with this a bit....!

greetings
marty

ps: yes - the old old (from 1992 i guess) print shop deluxe was really nice,
not that mighty as todays software, but handy to do all you`d needed
unfortun it`s not running stable under xp anymore....

< Message edited by martys -- 5/1/2007 1:09:12 AM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Frame/Border around whole Document/Poster..? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4