Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

transparent background

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> transparent background Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
transparent background - 9/26/2007 10:58:00 PM   
TWM

I have a photo -- a head shot. I want to eliminate the background so that the actual SHAPE of the photo is the shape of the head.

I've tried freehand crop + draw a (freehand) shape -- they do not accomplish what I want. When I use those methods, yes the background gets erased -- but the SHAPE of the photo (overall) remains a rectangle.

Thanks!

-- TW

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/15/2010 12:01:28 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: photo editor question... - 9/27/2007 10:33:00 AM   
lindarobin

Don't export the cropped image out of PS. All non-rectangular cropping will have transparent background if you keep the image in the PS project. You can save your PS project containing the cropped image and then it is available to you whenever you want to copy/paste this cropped image into future PS projects.

Or you can save just the cropped image in the native PS format (BMO) in the My Art gallery where it is available to all your future PS projects.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/15/2010 12:01:59 AM >

(in reply to TWM)
Post #: 2
RE: photo editor question... - 9/27/2007 11:10:01 AM   
TWM

I'm saving the pix to 'my pictures' on my computer.

How do I crop a photo while it's still in ps -- without having to (ever) save the pic to my comp?

Thanks!

-- TW

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/15/2010 12:03:01 AM >

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: photo editor question... - 9/27/2007 1:18:16 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: TWM
...How do I crop a photo while it's still in ps -- without having to (ever) save the pic to my comp?

Open a blank project. Add your photo to it. With photo selected, you can click the crop button. That opens the photo in "The Photo Workshop" where you can apply your freehand crop. Click OK (not "save") when done cropping. This puts the cropped photo into your project. Now if you were to add a panel color or texture, you'd see that your sillouette does indeed have a transparent background. Save the project in its native format. (e.g. *.sig or *.car) The default location is My Documents.

(in reply to TWM)
Post #: 4
RE: photo editor question... - 9/28/2007 12:01:47 AM   
TWM

linda -- that worked out well ---- Thanks!!

-- TW

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> transparent background Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4