Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Print Shop 22-pixelate problem

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Print Shop 22-pixelate problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Print Shop 22-pixelate problem - 6/2/2008 11:47:26 AM   
windrider86

Help. I purchased this program to do a monthly newsleter for which most of it works great. The problem i run into is that everything I try to copy and paste into my new publication is ALWAYS pixelated. Including advertisements that I create within the program. All of them that I get form my advertisors look fine until I try to insert them into the newsletter.
I have tried exporting files to a PDF, still pixelated. I've tried transporting them to another program and enlarging them to almost twice the size of what I need, still pixelated. I've tried exporting them as a jpg and a tiff and to no availe.
What I am having to do is re-create every single ad or editorial in the publication. Not something I enjoy doing.
Any ideas on how to insert art work that look sfine or what I may be doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Print Shop 22-pixelate problem - 6/2/2008 4:09:50 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: windrider86
... everything I try to copy and paste into my new publication is ALWAYS pixelated... advertisements ... that I get from my advertisors ...

When you get these ads, what format are they in? JPG? If the KB is less than 200KB and the pixel dimensions are less than 1000x1000, then you are not getting a print quality file. You are getting a web quality file - great for screen display; poor for printing.

If the JPG is high resolution, import it into your Print Shop document. Cut and paste doesn't always retain an image file's resolution.

For more info regarding resolution, please read my article, "What about image resolution?" in my tips link below.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/2/2008 4:28:53 PM >

(in reply to windrider86)
Post #: 2
RE: Print Shop 22-pixelate problem - 6/2/2008 6:29:20 PM   
windrider86

9 times out of 10 they are on PDF format. I check the sizes prior to copying them to the clip board and they are int he approproate size. However when I go to Print Shop and past them they paste as a tiny image which then has to be resized.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: Print Shop 22-pixelate problem - 6/2/2008 9:04:34 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: windrider86

9 times out of 10 they are on PDF format...

PDF can be a problem for you. PDF format is for universal viewing and printing as a PDF document. As soon as you copy everything in a PDF to the clipboard and paste it into any application (whether it's Microsoft, Corel, Broderbund, whatever) the resolution is reduced to screen resolution and all print quality is lost.

Here are a couple of options:

• Ask for a high resolution JPG instead of PDF
  • Buy Adobe Acrobat or equivalent (got $400?) which can export elements in a PDF to a high resolution image which can then be inserted into other applications.
  • Set your monitor resolution as high as it can go and view the PDF at 400%. Take multiple screenshots and "stitch" them together to make an acceptable print quality image.

Just realize that THIS IS NOT A PRINT SHOP ISSUE. It wouldn't matter if you had the much more expensive desktop publishing program, MS Publisher. PDF files are meant to be viewed and printed from Adobe Reader. Since people DO want to edit them, companies offer software that provide that ability. If this is something you are going to have to do frequently, it may be a wise investment.

Otherwise, I'd request the high res JPG. Quite frankly, the person who originally designed the ad can just as easily save it as JPG, rather than PDF, so there's no reason for him/her to refuse.

(in reply to windrider86)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Print Shop 22-pixelate problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4