Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

MAC error: Valid product key cannot be found

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2.0 & 2011 >> PM 2/PM 2011 Tech Tips >> MAC error: Valid product key cannot be found Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MAC error: Valid product key cannot be found - 1/23/2011 1:11:30 PM   
Brandy redux

Problem

Valid product key cannot be found on the system. Please re-install with a valid product key.

Solution

This issue occurs when your user account does not have access to the folders where PrintMaster files should be installed.

To correct the problem, please follow the steps below. Please do keep in mind that you must be logged onto the computer with Full 'Admin' permissions before you either reinstall the program or follow the steps below.

To ensure that your user account has Full 'Admin' permissions, please click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner of the menu bar, then select 'System Preferences'. Under 'System', select 'Accounts'. When the window opens, look for your user name on the left side of the window.

If you do not see 'Admin' under your user name, you will need to contact a user who does have 'Admin' status, then ask that user to either give you 'Admin' status or assist you with your problem.

If you do see 'Admin' under your user name, please proceed to Step 1 below.

1. Open a new 'Finder' window.

2. Under 'Devices', click on 'Macintosh HD'.

3. Open the 'Library' folder.

4. Open the 'Preferences' folder.

5. Search for a file named com.storyrock.printmaster 2011 platinum.plist

6. If you are able to find the com.storyrock.printmaster 2011 platinum.plist file, send it to the Trash, then proceed to Step 7 below.

If you are not able to find the com.storyrock.printmaster 2011 platinum.plist file file, proceed to Step 8 below.

7. Reinstall the program.

8. The permissions for your computer might be corrupted.

Navigate to the 'Applications' folder, select the 'Utilities' folder, then select 'Disk Utility'.

When the 'Disk Utility' window opens, select 'Macintosh HD' then select 'Repair Disk Permissions'. This might take a while - depending upon the size of your hard drive and the current state of your computer. And, if necessary, it would be a very good idea to allow this process to proceed overnight.

Once the Repair Disk Permissions process is completed, re-install PrintMaster 2011.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2.0 & 2011 >> PM 2/PM 2011 Tech Tips >> MAC error: Valid product key cannot be found Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4