Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

CC 12 Deluxe general instructions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> CC 12 Deluxe general instructions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CC 12 Deluxe general instructions - 10/2/2011 11:59:59 AM   
myemerald

Hello! I have CC 12 Deluxe and have always had difficulty with various areas. Is there a manual I can download?

I want to setup a school calendar that can be viewed as a year and in months. I want to use some events I have in other calendars. Can I copy them? What exactly are categories used for? Things like that.

Thanks!!!
Post #: 1
RE: CC 12 Deluxe general instructions - 10/2/2011 12:30:21 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi myemerald,

The only manual which is available for CC 12 is accessed by clicking on 'Help' in the Calendar Creator menu bar, then selecting 'Help Contents' in the menu.

When you want to use an event from one calendar in another calendar, it is possible to copy the description of the event from one calendar to another. But, it is not possible to copy all details of an event from one calendar to another - such as Start Date, Start Time, Repeat Rule, etc.

While is it possible to import events from one *.bcc calendar file into another *.bcc calendar file, it is not possible to selectively import events. Instead, all events from one *.bcc calendar file will be imported into another *.bcc calendar file.

The Categories are used as a sorting tool. For example, you could assign all of your birthdays to the Birthday category, then assign all of your Anniversaries to the Anniversary category, then assign all of your Meetings to the Meeting category. Then, when you switch from the Calendar view to the Events list view, you can click on the word Category at the top of the Category column to sort the Anniversary, Birthday and Meeting events so that you are better able to see which events have been added for each of the categories.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/2/2011 12:50:40 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to myemerald)
Post #: 2
RE: CC 12 Deluxe general instructions - 10/2/2011 12:42:13 PM   
Brandy redux

As an additional thought myemerald,

The events in one calendar file can be used to create many other calendars - by simply switching to a different view.

For example, you could select the Month view, then create individual monthly calendars. Or, you could select the Year view, then create a calendar which displays small calendars for each month - starting at any month you choose. Or, you could select the Week Planner view, then create a 7-day calendar.

To select a different view, click on the down arrow which is positioned left of the Left arrow in the toolbar, then select the desired view from the list that drops down.

For More Help:

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: CC 12 Deluxe general instructions - 10/2/2011 4:50:27 PM   
myemerald

I never used the category feature, thanks!

I don't quite grasp the definition of and use of: calendars vs calendar collections vs event lists, and how they effect one another.

I have a tendency to make things more difficult than they need to be, sorry! I have a feeling that the explanation is very simple.

Thanks so much for your help

Linda

In looking around CC just now, I understand a little more about collections vs calendars. I think it's the event lists that are confusing me. I have some calendars created using various event lists. If I use one of the preset event lists, like US holidays, then add events to my calendar, where are those new events saved? In other words, how can I get to them to copy or use in a different calendar? Are .bcc files the events or the calendar?

< Message edited by myemerald -- 10/2/2011 5:09:00 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: CC 12 Deluxe general instructions - 10/2/2011 5:32:40 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Linda,

As to the definition of and use of: calendars vs calendar collections vs event lists, and how they effect one another. Calendar Creator was created to allow users to place events (such as birthdays, appointments, and holidays) on specific days of a calendar.

Each Calendar Creator project is saved as one *.bcc file; and, that *.bcc file is referred to as a Calendar Collection - because that single *.bcc file contains a collection of calendar views (month, year, weekly planner, day, etc.).

When a calendar view is selected, the list of Events which is created in the *.bcc file will be automatically displayed in that calendar view.

When the Events list is selected, only the list of Events will be displayed.

For More Help:

(in reply to myemerald)
Post #: 5
RE: CC 12 Deluxe general instructions - 10/2/2011 5:39:40 PM   
Brandy redux

quote:

If I use one of the preset event lists, like US holidays, then add events to my calendar, where are those new events saved? In other words, how can I get to them to copy or use in a different calendar? Are .bcc files the events or the calendar?

All events are always saved in one single Events list, which can be viewed by clicking on 'View' in the menubar then selecting 'Show Event List' in the menu that drops down.

If you want to use the events from one *.bcc file in another *.bcc file, you must import that *.bcc file into the other *.bcc file - in exactly the same manner as preset event lists are imported.

*.bcc files are both the events AND the calendar in one single file. In the very early versions of Calendar Creator, the calendars and events are saved as separate files.

For More Help:

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> CC 12 Deluxe general instructions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4