Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Print out clipping off bottom of pages

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Print out clipping off bottom of pages Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Print out clipping off bottom of pages - 12/10/2011 3:02:36 PM   
4ajd4

Regardless of what I seem to be printing, the very bottom of the page doesn't seem to print. This is when I'm using pre-installed templates or any other project. In print preview, the whole page is displayed, but not when I actually print. Any suggestions? Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Print out clipping off bottom of pages - 12/10/2011 3:31:12 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi 4ajd4,

There are several possible reasons why you are experiencing that problem:

1. First of all, all printers are designed with unprintable margin areas - even borderless printers, when the borderless option is not activated. And, any text or graphics which is placed in that unprintable margin area will not print. So, it is very likely that the printer you are using has been designed with a very large unprintable margin on the end of the paper which comes out of the printer last. This is a common situation with some brands of printers - especially printers which do not offer a borderless option.

2. PrintMaster 2012 does not display the unprintable margin areas in the PM 2012 Print Preview. So, the only way to view an accurate representation of how the project is going to print would be to set up your printer to display a Print Preview before the project is printed.

3. Even though PrintMaster 2012 is designed to set the margins to the size of the unprintable margin areas for the selected printer, that is apparently not working for your printer.

So, the best course of action for you would be to check your printer's documentation to determine the actual size of the unprintable margin area for each side of the paper (for some brands of printers, each of the 4 margins is a different size). Then, in PM 2012, you would select 'File' in the menu bar, then 'Page Setup' in the menu that drops down. Then, you would enter the actual size of each of the unprintable margin areas for your printer.

OR, if your printer is a borderless printer or offers an option for reducing the size of the margins, you might want to try setting one of those options before printing your PM 2012 project. Common margin options are 'Minimize Margins', 'Printable Area', 'Borderfree', 'Borderless', etc.

4. OR, it is possible that the paper you are printing on is longer than the Paper Size which is selected for the selected PrintMaster 2012 project. So, while you are setting up the unprintable margin areas for your printer in File | Page Setup, you will also want to make sure that the selected Paper Size is the same size as the paper you are printing on.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 12/10/2011 3:39:19 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to 4ajd4)
Post #: 2
RE: Print out clipping off bottom of pages - 12/10/2011 5:18:56 PM   
4ajd4

Thanks, great advice. By setting my printer to "borderless printing" and PM to File/Printer Setup and paper size Borderless 8 1/2 x 11 did the trick!

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: Print out clipping off bottom of pages - 12/10/2011 6:11:26 PM   
Brandy redux

Wonderful News 4ajd4

And, Thank You Very Much for letting me know how you fixed your problem.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to 4ajd4)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Print out clipping off bottom of pages Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4