Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Setting margins before Printing envelopes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Setting margins before Printing envelopes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setting margins before Printing envelopes - 1/30/2012 4:28:57 PM   
jvarnette

When I set up to print an envelope, the print preview and the actual printed document doesn't put the text box containing the return address where I put it on the document. Instead it places it over and inch from the left margin. When I change the left margin to 0 it changes it to .2 and doesn't move the return address box over enough (it stays about an inch).

Is there something I can do to print an envelope with a standard return address? There's got to be an easier way to do this.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/18/2012 9:38:20 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Setting margins before Printing envelopes - 1/30/2012 4:43:38 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi jvarnette,

As to where you said this:

"When I change the left margin to 0 it changes it to .2 and doesn't move the return address box over enough (it stays about an inch)."

The only time a margin can be successfully set to 0 is when a borderless printer is being used. And, the border will remain at 0 only when 1) the borderless option is successfully activated and 2) a glossy paper type is selected in the printer's Properties.

When the borderless option is not successfully activated, setting the margin to 0 will cause PM 2012 to reset the margin to the size of the unprintable margin for the selected printer. And, there is no way to force the margin to be smaller than that unprintable margin.

When you change the size of the margin, the return address box will not be automatically moved to the edge of that margin. Instead, you must manually move the return address box yourself.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/18/2012 9:38:29 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to jvarnette)
Post #: 2
RE: Setting margins before Printing envelopes - 1/30/2012 4:45:45 PM   
jvarnette

I did that and it did not work. It shows up correctly on the screen but not on the the print preview or on the printer.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/18/2012 9:38:59 PM >

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: Setting margins before Printing envelopes - 1/30/2012 5:01:54 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi jvarnette,

Since the project does not show up correctly on the Print Preview or on the printer, that would indicate that the size of the envelope is not the same as the Paper Size selected for the printer. To check that, do this:

1. Click on 'File' in the menu bar, then select 'Print at Home' in the menu that drops down.

2. When the 'Print Options' window opens, check the selected Paper Size on the right side of the window

3. Click on the 'Advanced' button.

3. When the 'Advanced' window opens, if you see that the layout of the envelope does not fit exactly inside the dotted line margins, you will need to either change the size of the envelope or change the Paper Size for the selected printer.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/18/2012 9:39:08 PM >

For More Help:

(in reply to jvarnette)
Post #: 4
RE: Setting margins before Printing envelopes - 1/30/2012 6:50:31 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi again jvarnette,

To change the size of an envelope project, you would do this:

1. Click on 'Edit' in the menu bar, then select 'Change Project Size/Type' in the menu that drops down.

2. When the 'Change Project Size/Type window opens, click on the down arrow next to the 'Sizes' window, then select the desired size from the drop-down list.

If the desired size is not a selectable item in the drop-down list, you would select 'Custom' in the 'Sizes' drop-down list. Then, you would enter the desired Width and Height settings in the appropriate boxes.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/18/2012 9:39:18 PM >

For More Help:

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Setting margins before Printing envelopes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4