Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Calendar Creator Deluxe 12.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calendar Creator Deluxe 12.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calendar Creator Deluxe 12.1 - 10/21/2013 2:06:32 PM   
jwelton

I am a new user of this version. Have used much older version. In the older version, the format of the calendar was called a workplace and you saved it under a file name in workplace and the events were saved in a events list - I saved these by month name. In the new version, what has taken the place of the workplace and the events lists. I am having trouble saving each of these and finding them again together. For example, I am saving my formatting of the monthly calendar under Layout - Apply Quick Style - Month name. The Events List, I'm saving with Save Collection As. But when I go back, I can't find the events list. I've tried saving it all under the Apply Quick Style. What is the proper way to save each of these. Can you save them separately

Judy Welton
Post #: 1
RE: Calendar Creator Deluxe 12.1 - 10/21/2013 4:22:21 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwelton
... In the older version, the format of the calendar was called a workplace and you saved it under a file name in workplace and the events were saved in a events list... In the new version... I can't find the events list.

The old version sounds quite different. Version 12.1 calendars are "perpetual" i.e. there is no need to create separate calendars for any specific month because the calendar goes far into the future and far back into the past. You would simply print a specified range of months. The calendar file (format extension is BCC) contains all the events you add individually and import from other BCC files.

One reason for having separate BCC files is to keep "family stuff" in one calendar for making family calendars for holiday gifts. Another calendar can be just for business.

(in reply to jwelton)
Post #: 2
RE: Calendar Creator Deluxe 12.1 - 10/21/2013 4:49:09 PM   
DEJenc3

I also have never used the older versions of Calendar Creator, so I'm unable to grasp the concept of a "workplace" that must be familiar to you. As far as saving your events, you're on the right track by saving a "Collection" (.BCC file) since the Collection contains the events as well as other features like images that you may use in the calendar.

Layouts are more like attributes to a page, affecting color, backgrounds, etc. You may choose a pre-made layout, or design your own, but these are really peripheral to events and data you've entered. Therefore, applying a Quick Style has no effect on your events. You can look in help under Layout Tab and it may give you a better description.

Perhaps you have in mind what are called calendar Views in the newer versions. These can be accessed from the menu by View, Show Calendar. (It's also in a dropdown box in the Navigation toolbar.) Examples of Views are month, multiweek, day, etc. This affects, for example, how many weeks will show on the calendar grid. These can be customized using the menu choice Calendar, Calendar Properties, and the Calendar Views tab. There you will see the names of the Views. You can modify Views, or create new ones.

If you simply want to see what your events look like, you can choose the button in the toolbar for Show Event List. It's also accessible by using the menu choice View, Show Event List. This will give you a list or table of your events.

After looking at these features, see if it becomes clearer how the recent versions of Calendar Creator store your events, and give you options on how to display them.

David

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Calendar Creator Deluxe 12.1 - 10/21/2013 5:33:47 PM   
Ettie

quote:

Can you save them separately

No.

All changes made to each Calendar Creator project are saved to the *.bcc file when the Save Collection As option is selected.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Calendar Creator Deluxe 12.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4