Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Can you create a year's worth of calendar pages?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Can you create a year's worth of calendar pages? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can you create a year's worth of calendar pages? - 2/3/2015 11:15:14 AM   
DISMD

Rant: Got a new computer and no longer had V18 disk, so I purchased v6 Platinum. That's turning out to be a huge mistake.

Question: In every previous version of Printmaster going back to the dawn of time I was able to create a calendar page for January and then when printing, choose to print out the pages for the entire year. I have to do personalized calendars for several people.

I don't see where this is possible in v6 Platinum. Is it? If so... how?

Thanks,
Dan

< Message edited by DISMD -- 2/3/2015 11:19:47 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Can you create a year's worth of calendar pages? - 2/3/2015 12:13:12 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: DISMD
... when printing, choose to print out the pages for the entire year. I have to do personalized calendars for several people.

I don't see where this is possible in v6 Platinum. Is it? If so... how?

Create From Scratch, a new Calendar project, 11x8.5 landscape OR 8.5x11 portrait. From the menu bar, Insert> Add Page. Add as many pages as you would like for your calendar. Then from the toolbar, select Calendar and click the Add Month Calendar button. Choose the Month and Year as applicable. Re-size and position the calendar on the page.

This is more work than in the older program because you have to create each month page. I recommend that you save the project as your calendar template. Then Save As with another name for each person you want to have a personalized calendar.

Note: Each calendar is a graphic, not a data table, so you must add a text box and position it over the date that you want to add words to.

(in reply to DISMD)
Post #: 2
RE: Can you create a year's worth of calendar pages? - 2/3/2015 12:37:07 PM   
ellengard

If you do personalized calendars for several people every year, perhaps you'd be interested in the program, Calendar Creator.

The beauty of this program is that the calendars go out to the future automatically for as far as you want, and the program remembers all important events, such as birthdays and anniversaries, year after year, so you don't have to re-enter the information. (PrintMaster 18 couldn't do this correctly.)

It is a stand-alone calendar program with many features you just don't get in any other program with just a calendar project amongst its many other project types.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/3/2015 12:38:52 PM >

(in reply to DISMD)
Post #: 3
RE: Can you create a year's worth of calendar pages? - 2/3/2015 12:41:47 PM   
DISMD

Thank you for the quick reply.

So basically the answer is no. To say it is more work is a bit of an understatement since it is quite an undertaking to get the page layouts identical by hand.

It is rather puzzling that one would release a program with less functionality than it's predecessor but that's when they seemed to do for a while now. I'll have to decide between this method and just repurchasing 18.

Dan

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Can you create a year's worth of calendar pages? - 2/3/2015 12:56:41 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: DISMD
...I'll have to decide between this method and just repurchasing 18.

Hi, Dan,

PrintMaster 18 and 18.1 are not compatible with Win 8.1. I wouldn't want you to make a purchase that you can't use. If you have Win 7, like me, PM18.1 is the one to order, although I would prefer Calendar Creator if making calendars is the primary reason to get new software.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/3/2015 12:58:14 PM >

(in reply to DISMD)
Post #: 5
RE: Can you create a year's worth of calendar pages? - 2/3/2015 1:14:34 PM   
DISMD

Thanks, I do. Perhaps I'll dig around first... maybe I can scare up that old disk somewhere.

Dan

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Can you create a year's worth of calendar pages? - 2/3/2015 1:40:28 PM   
ellengard

Another option: Encore also sells Serif PagePlus, a more business-oriented desktop publishing program that PrintMaster 18 sort of emulates. You can download the free version at the Serif.com site. See if you prefer its calendar project, since the PrintMaster 18 calendar project is buggy when saving events to the next year.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/3/2015 1:43:29 PM >

(in reply to DISMD)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Can you create a year's worth of calendar pages? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4