Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

All Data Gone

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> All Data Gone Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
All Data Gone - 5/18/2014 9:23:16 AM   
maineiac

I have CCmDeluxe, version 9 Yes, it is old but I have been using it happily for many years and for 6 or 7 with Win 7.
Yesterday when I opened the program ALL DATA GONE. Calendar is blank. Now data is never gone, so how can I get it back and where is it/folder? I am devastated

Joyce M Alenskis
Post #: 1
RE: All Data Gone - 5/18/2014 10:28:54 AM   
JasonC

While I'm not an expert, I sometimes rely on System Restore in Windows 7 to bring my computer back to a time when it was working before something bad happened. If you read here :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore

You can bring your computer back to a time it was working. If you decide to take the route - pick a date closest to when this happened, it may reverse whatever change happened and you may get your files back.

Not a guarantee though - Check with the other posters here first for solutions before trying my suggestion.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to maineiac)
Post #: 2
RE: All Data Gone - 5/18/2014 11:43:51 AM   
DEJenc3

Hello, Joyce,

I'm not familiar with your version (9) of Calendar Creator, but I believe it uses the file type used by the newer versions, using files with a .bcc extension.

If you're using Windows 7, the calendars for newer versions are stored by default to:
C:\Users\username\Documents\

That would be the first place to look for your calendar.

Next, search your computer for all calendar files: *.bcc

You will find some default calendars that the program provides, but you should also be able to identify your own calendars. If the name you used for a calendar wasn't obvious, then look for any files created recently.

When and if you identify your calendar, as I hope you will, you should copy it to another location on the computer as a backup, as well as to some external media.

Note the path where the file is stored, then open it using that path with Calendar Creator.

Let us know how this goes.

David

(in reply to maineiac)
Post #: 3
RE: All Data Gone - 5/18/2014 11:56:39 AM   
DEJenc3

Please also review this message that discusses Recovering Calendar Collection from Backup:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=36820

David

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 4
RE: All Data Gone - 5/18/2014 1:32:57 PM   
maineiac

Well the first thing I did the other day was restore=didn't help

I have looked in Broderbund/CC for any bcc files and also searced C drive for bcc files = nada!

There are no backup files so guess I am beginning from scratch. I do have a BU external drive but did not set it up for changes to calendar. Guess I had better do that now. Someone set it up for me; will now have to figure out how to add to it. Should be fairly easy

Thanks for all the help here. From Maine living in AZ

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 5
RE: All Data Gone - 5/18/2014 2:01:40 PM   
JasonC

Another thing I like to do with productivity programs is use a program called Google Drive to save all of my documents - Sometimes I can't use my flash drive for whatever reason - But Google Drive automatically backs up the changes I do on my computer in the event I have to restore my project from there.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to maineiac)
Post #: 6
RE: All Data Gone - 5/18/2014 2:14:10 PM   
DEJenc3

Joyce,

I find it strange that you couldn't find any files with a .bcc extension on your computer. There should at least be templates and holiday files that are part of the Calendar Creator basic installation. Since you're using a version of the program I haven't used, I suggest that you create a new temporary calendar and save it. Note where the file is saved, and note the extension. If it turns out to be a bcc file, then search your computer again, and you know that you should find at least that file. If you don't find it, you may not be searching properly. Of course, if the extension is other than bcc, then you'll know to search the computer for the different file extension.

David

(in reply to maineiac)
Post #: 7
RE: All Data Gone - 5/19/2014 10:09:14 AM   
maineiac

David and others

I searched the CC folders and NO BU files at asll; at least nothing indicated by .bcc
I searched files for *.bcc and still nothing.

One thing did pop up, was the tab for events; list dating back to 2003. I am going to see if there is an indication of events there for 2014.
On my old PC there is CC....same version ....and in looking that one over, there is a bak folder/file but no help there because I do not use that one (dupe) and there is no file/folder here on my laptop.

I am just going to have to stary from scratch. My iphone fortunately had some appointments documented at time made in Dr's office.

IF I find something else I will add to this conversation.
Thanks again

Joyce M Alenskis

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 8
RE: All Data Gone - 5/19/2014 10:17:10 AM   
maineiac

Well I see that for all these years, what is on my calendar is in Events; 1005-2014.!

Now I am not sure how I can go about importing them to show up in the caslendar unless I just copy and paste.

Any Ideas?

(in reply to maineiac)
Post #: 9
RE: All Data Gone - 5/19/2014 3:04:40 PM   
DEJenc3

I'm glad you've found some items that may turn out to be useful. My guess is that your version of Calendar Creator may store the data differently from the format of the newer versions. If the data files are intact, it's possible that they could be imported into the newer version of CC, but it would probably require that you be able to open them in the older version and export them.

When you said this:
quote:

all these years, what is on my calendar is in Events; 1005-2014

I didn't understand. Are you referring to a Windows folder? A file? And if a file, what is the file extension?

David

(in reply to maineiac)
Post #: 10
RE: All Data Gone - 5/19/2014 5:46:46 PM   
Kira

quote:

all these years, what is on my calendar is in Events; 1005-2014

Since all *.bcc files are saved by default to the \Calendar Creator\Template\Event folder, I suspect that at some point in the past a 1005-2014 folder was created as a subfolder to the Event folder. The best place to store your personal *.bcc files would be your document folder. When a *.bcc file is saved to a folder other than the default folder, CC will remember where that *.bcc file was saved, and will automatically add that *.bcc file to the list that is displayed when Open an Existing Calendar is selected.

quote:

If the data files are intact, it's possible that they could be imported into the newer version of CC, but it would probably require that you be able to open them in the older version and export them.

Since CC9 uses the same *.bcc file as all newer versions of Calendar Creator, it should be possible to simply open those files by navigating to the folder in which those *.bcc files are stored.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 11
RE: All Data Gone - 5/19/2014 6:17:19 PM   
maineiac

That is correct BUT the program did not do it.

I also renamed my working cal. and installed my CC again but it could not finish ( could not find disc #2) so it failed and it took out my working one. I had to go to a restore point to get my CC back.

At least my iphome had birthdays and appointments recorded so I am OK I do like my 6 week cal that I print out.
Thanks all.

Joyce M Alenskis

(in reply to Kira)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> All Data Gone Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4