Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Photo orientation in photo box

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Photo orientation in photo box Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Photo orientation in photo box - 10/1/2015 10:16:02 PM   
Brownie202

I have a problem that I need help solving. In PrintMaster Platinum (version 6) I used a photo layout from the resource gallery. One of the photos I loaded opened in the wrong orientation and so I rotated it to the right 90degrees. But when I dragged it to the photo box, it switched back to the original orientation. It messes up the photo size to rotate it after it is in the photo box. Does anyone know how to rotate the photo and then make it stay that way when dropped in the box? Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Photo orientation in photo box - 10/1/2015 10:45:47 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brownie202
One of the photos I loaded opened in the wrong orientation and so I rotated it to the right 90degrees. But when I dragged it to the photo box, it switched back to the original orientation.

Let's permanently correct the orientation of this photo before bringing it into PrintMaster. Open the photo in Paint. Rotate it right. Click Save. Now bring the photo into PrintMaster.

(in reply to Brownie202)
Post #: 2
RE: Photo orientation in photo box - 10/2/2015 8:53:22 AM   
Brownie202

Thank you for responding Ellen. The orientation of the photo has already been saved correctly on my computer. That's why I don't understand why it changes when brought into PrintMaster. I don't think I have Paint on my computer. I have Windows 8 but not Microsoft office or the other Microsoft programs associated with it. I use Open Office. Is running the photos through the Paint program the only way to fix them?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Photo orientation in photo box - 10/2/2015 9:17:24 AM   
Brownie202

I found where I could open the photos in Paint. However, the photos come into the Paint program in the correct orientation. They just change when opening them in PrintMaster.

(in reply to Brownie202)
Post #: 4
RE: Photo orientation in photo box - 10/2/2015 9:56:50 AM   
JasonC

Where did the photo originate? Did it originate from a cell phone picture or? I know on some cell phone models the orientation accidentally saves in the wrong format. You will have to use the rotate function in the Windows Photo Viewer, and save constantly until it appears to be in the right format. Then it should import correctly.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Brownie202)
Post #: 5
RE: Photo orientation in photo box - 10/2/2015 1:29:09 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I found where I could open the photos in Paint. However, the photos come into the Paint program in the correct orientation. They just change when opening them in PrintMaster.

That's really weird! OK, so the photos are fine... something's happening in PrintMaster. Now to figure out if the problem is unique to the "photo layout from the resource gallery".

Please open a different photo layout project and bring in a photo. Let us know if it is right-side up.

Just a thought... maybe this particular photo layout self corrects? Try dropping your photo into the photo box without changing the orientation beforehand.

(in reply to Brownie202)
Post #: 6
RE: Photo orientation in photo box - 10/2/2015 1:50:02 PM   
ellengard

quote:

One of the photos I loaded opened in the wrong orientation...
...the photos come into the Paint program in the correct orientation. They just change when opening them in PrintMaster.

Please confirm. Is the problem with ALL photos or just the one photo?

(in reply to Brownie202)
Post #: 7
RE: Photo orientation in photo box - 10/2/2015 1:57:14 PM   
Brownie202

Hi, Jason. The photos are from my Canon camera. I do tip my camera up to take some pictures. They come in from the camera in the correct orientation. I always use Window Photo Viewer to look at my pics and I used to have to rotate them with my old camera, but they load correctly by themselves now. I took the picture I wanted and rotated it in Window Viewer, saved it essentially laying on it's side, and then brought it into PrintMaster. It then opened correctly and could be dropped into the box the way I wanted. So, I guess I just need to do that to the vertical oriented pictures I want to drop into the photo box layouts.

Hi, Ellen. I did as you suggested and tried different pictures with different layouts, with the same result. It didn't help not to rotate it first either, it still oriented incorrectly. I'll just have to do as stated above with Jason.

Thank you both for your time and suggestions!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Photo orientation in photo box - 10/2/2015 4:25:59 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... So, I guess I just need to do that to the vertical oriented pictures I want to drop into the photo box layouts.
... Hi, Ellen. I did as you suggested and tried different pictures with different layouts, with the same result. It didn't help not to rotate it first either, it still oriented incorrectly.

That is so strange! I just tried adding a "tall" photo onto my project and it shows up correctly. Then I dragged it into a photo box and it still shows correctly as well as taking the shape of the photo box. I wish I knew why your photos come onto your project sideways. I hate these kind of mysteries!

(in reply to Brownie202)
Post #: 9
RE: Photo orientation in photo box - 10/3/2015 8:54:47 AM   
Brownie202

I decided to copy all the photos to a new folder and rotate all the "tall" ones on their sides so it would be easier to work with them and I wouldn't mess up the original photos. However, when I tried dropping them in the photo boxes, they didn't correct to the right orientation. I went back to the new folder rotated them all to the correct orientation and then they worked properly. So, as Jason had suggested that saving them corrected the problem, it would seem that copying all the pictures to a new folder solved the issue. A simple fix really. Copying the photos is much easier than playing with each photo individually.
Again, thanks for your help.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
RE: Photo orientation in photo box - 10/3/2015 4:53:51 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... So, as Jason had suggested that saving them corrected the problem, it would seem that copying all the pictures to a new folder solved the issue. A simple fix really.

Thanks for sharing your solution!

(in reply to Brownie202)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Photo orientation in photo box Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4