Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Cannot access files from Printmaster 18

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Cannot access files from Printmaster 18 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot access files from Printmaster 18 - 11/6/2015 2:38:40 PM   
Concered User 1234

Hello all. I have an issue with the Printmaster Plantinum Version 18. We have purchased it as a replacement for the older version of it on a employee's computer which she used to create many calendars, event posters and other things. We got her a new computer and put the new version of Printmaster Premium version 18 on it and transferred her old files over in a usb drive. However the new program will not detect the old printmaster files.

Is this due to some kind of incompatibility? Do we need to purchase the old version or is their some file converter out there that will let us veiw these files in Printmaster?

The files are saved in the .sig, .BAN, and .CAP formats.
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot access files from Printmaster 18 - 11/6/2015 3:16:20 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: Concered User 1234

Hello all. I have an issue with the Printmaster Plantinum Version 18. We have purchased it as a replacement for the older version of it on a employee's computer which she used to create many calendars, event posters and other things. We got her a new computer and put the new version of Printmaster Premium version 18 on it and transferred her old files over in a usb drive. However the new program will not detect the old printmaster files.

Is this due to some kind of incompatibility? Do we need to purchase the old version or is their some file converter out there that will let us veiw these files in Printmaster?

The files are saved in the .sig, .BAN, and .CAP formats.

What do you mean by new computer? Is it Win 8.1 or 10?

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Concered User 1234)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot access files from Printmaster 18 - 11/6/2015 3:35:26 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Concered User 1234
We got her a new computer and put the new version of Printmaster Premium version 18 on it...

Version 18 is not compatible on Win 8/10

quote:

Do we need to purchase the old version or is their some file converter out there that will let us veiw these files in Printmaster?

Unfortunately, Printmaster 6.0 and 7.0, the versions that do run on Win 8/10, cannot open any projects made with version 18. If you wish to continue using version 18, you need to keep the old computer going.

Post #: 3
RE: Cannot access files from Printmaster 18 - 11/6/2015 3:40:43 PM   
ellengard

If you still have access to the old computer, projects can be opened and exported as high res JPG. Delete any objects that you don't want to be permanently part of the JPG such as outdated text, before you create the JPG. Now you will have JPGs that can be imported to any graphics program on the new computer.

Post #: 4
RE: Cannot access files from Printmaster 18 - 3/23/2023 9:07:39 AM   
danielusa

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing is due to an incompatibility between the old version of Printmaster and the new version. The new version may not be able to recognize the file formats used by the old version. You may be able to use a file conversion tool to convert the old file formats (.sig, .BAN, and .CAP) to a format that the new version of Printmaster can recognize. Some file conversion tools are available online foodle or you may be able to find one through the software manufacturer.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Cannot access files from Printmaster 18 - 4/19/2024 4:52:19 AM   
Emilyy

Look for a file converter Geometry Dash that can convert the old .sig, .BAN, and .CAP files into a format that is compatible with Printmaster Platinum Version 18. You may be able to find third-party software or online tools that can perform this conversion.

(in reply to danielusa)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Cannot access files from Printmaster 18 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4