Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Mail Merge from Address Book

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Mail Merge from Address Book Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mail Merge from Address Book - 11/29/2015 5:54:34 PM   
JenBoop

How do I merge addresses from my address book to my labels? Thank you
Sorry, I am using PrimtMaster v7 Platinum.

< Message edited by JenBoop -- 11/29/2015 6:08:47 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Mail Merge from Address Book - 11/29/2015 7:04:25 PM   
ellengard

I have instructions and screen captures on my personal blog here, blog date Nov 7, 2015
http://ellengard.weebly.com/blog

(in reply to JenBoop)
Post #: 2
RE: Mail Merge from Address Book - 11/29/2015 10:53:18 PM   
JenBoop

Thank you so much. I finally finished my Christmas labels. This version of PrintMaster is not as easy to figure out as early versions. I almost returned the v7 except that I didn't want it to defeat me. It is still a little cumbersome but it was better the more I used it. Thank you again.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Mail Merge from Address Book - 11/29/2015 11:54:12 PM   
ellengard

You're welcome. Prior versions - 2.0, 2011, 2012, 5.0 and 6.0 - didn't have the Address Book and mail merging. They've added even more new features to 7.0 which is good, but of course that means there is more to learn.

(in reply to JenBoop)
Post #: 4
RE: Mail Merge from Address Book - 12/22/2015 6:32:09 PM   
navycwo4

Ellengard -- I am using PM7 for MAC. I'm trying to figure out the address book feature. they evidently have recently added that function. I also have Windows PM 18 Platinum and am trying to merge most to the MAC. Now, the problem I'm having is this the fonts seems to be really off as I have to set the font to about 62 for it to print large enough on the avery label. Next problem is I have two (2) address fields (add1 and add2) In the old PM for Windows if there was nothing in the add2 then the program would not use that line. In this program there is a line space there which is very annoying. Is there a way to eliminate that line space if there is no add2. some people have an apartment number or something like that and also Other Countries may have an extra line for the address but if there is nothing to go there then the program should somehow not use that line and move the city, state, zip up one line. I hope I didn't waste my money??

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Mail Merge from Address Book - 12/22/2015 7:17:21 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: navycwo4
... the fonts seems to be really off as I have to set the font to about 62 for it to print large enough on the avery label.

Yes, it is weird, but that's what works when doing labels. On a different project type, like a newsletter, font size 62 is huge and unsuitable for paragraph text.

quote:

... two (2) address fields (add1 and add2)... Is there a way to eliminate that line space if there is no add2. ...if there is nothing to go there then the program should somehow not use that line and move the city, state, zip up one line.

I agree. Unfortunately, this program can't do that. If you insert address line 2, but it is empty, then you can't avoid address line 2 printing as a blank line.

If I really wanted to avoid the blank line, I would do two separate print jobs. One where I select all contacts with info in both address lines, and the other for the contacts with only one address line. Not a big deal if you only have a handful of people in one of those groups. Otherwise, it may not be worth the hassle.

As far as I can tell, all label projects start printing on "position one". Maybe in a future version, we will have the ability to choose where on the label sheet, the printing should start, as well as having the option to check "if field is blank, move line up."

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/22/2015 7:25:17 PM >

(in reply to navycwo4)
Post #: 6
RE: Mail Merge from Address Book - 12/22/2015 8:15:13 PM   
navycwo4

Ellengard -- Thank you so much for the quick response. Well, at least I'm on the right track and see that PM7 for MAC does have some issues in this respect. thanks for the tip on using separate labels using the extra line for those that have it. I did not even think of that but, then again, I don't use the program very much except for labels (especially at Christmas) and then a few projects -- Maybe I'll give Support an earful and suggest those items. I was a bit disappointed when I first bought it not knowing there was no address book but they must have received a number of requests for it since they have now incorporated it into the program. I think what happened is with the old PM 18 Platinum they really where on top of things and they were bought out or someone else took over that program and that is when it started going downhill. But, it looks like things are getting much better with it. Thanks again and you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. God Bless.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Mail Merge from Address Book - 12/22/2015 11:28:32 PM   
ellengard

... to you also,

made with PM7.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/22/2015 11:29:05 PM >

(in reply to navycwo4)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Mail Merge from Address Book Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4