Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? - 3/27/2015 6:46:44 PM   
avidgamr

Every time I try to create a new calendar (year specifically although I don't think it matters), it *always* uses the current month from the current date as the starting point.
For example:
I tried to create another calendar today (or import an old one); it made a March 2015-February 2016 calendar.
I don't want that. I *always* want January to December. To get around this, I've always had to change the current date on my computer to January temporarily but that also changes all file dates on *everything* that is saved in the meantime. And if I forget to change it back, every file date is wrong from that point on!
So, my question is, does any one know a way around this?
I searched the forum and couldn't find my question but maybe I didn't use the correct search criteria?
Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? - 3/27/2015 7:52:54 PM   
Ettie

Since Calendar Creator is specifically designed to use the current month, there is nothing that can be done to change that fact within Calendar Creator. That is caused by the fact that Calendar Creator is designed to be an open-ended calendar which can extend into both the past and the future.

When you are ready to print your calendar, you would select both a specific Start Date and End Date to create an annual calendar.

If you are working with a yearly calendar, it is possible to set that yearly calendar to start at January, or any other month you desire, by doing this:

After you select the Year view, you would do this:

1. If your project is displayed with more than one page, scroll to the left - to the first page of the Year view.

2. Right click on the events in the center of the first page of the Year view (DO NOT right click on the small calendars), then select 'Properties' from the menu that drops down.

3. When the 'Layout Object Properties' window opens, click on the 'Miscellaneous' tab.

4. On the Miscellaneous tab, change the date in the 'Start Date: month/year' box.

5. Make sure the desired number of months is selected in the 'Number of Months' box.

6. Click on the 'OK' button to return to the workspace.

(in reply to avidgamr)
Post #: 2
RE: Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? - 3/27/2015 9:23:41 PM   
avidgamr

Thanks for the reply!
FWIW, I'm almost always importing (open an existing) yearly calendar. Hardly ever do I create a new one...

In step 3 you list "Misc." tab. I don't see that. I only see "Style" and "Picture" tabs. What am I missing?
Thanks again for helping!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ettie)
Post #: 3
RE: Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? - 3/28/2015 2:00:15 AM   
Ettie

quote:

In step 3 you list "Misc." tab. I don't see that. I only see "Style" and "Picture" tabs. What am I missing?

Those steps apply only when you select the Year view for a calendar which has an Events List. And, as is stated in Step 2:

"2. Right click on the events in the center of the first page of the Year view (DO NOT right click on the small calendars), then select 'Properties' from the menu that drops down. "

Since you are not seeing the "Misc." tab, that means that you did not right click on the events.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to avidgamr)
Post #: 4
RE: Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? - 3/28/2015 2:26:33 AM   
Ettie

After the Steps above are followed exactly as recommended, the 'Before' calendar in my message above will look like the 'After' calendar in this message. Please note that even though my calendar is a two-page calendar, I am posting only the first page.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ettie)
Post #: 5
RE: Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? - 3/28/2015 8:27:07 AM   
avidgamr

Where do I click if I don't have an "events" section?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ettie)
Post #: 6
RE: Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? - 3/28/2015 1:04:54 PM   
avidgamr

Never mind. I re-read your post and figured out that I needed to create an event (and enable said event list), go back to the year calendar view, right-click the event list and choose properties and then I had the misc. tab available.
Worked great! Thanks! At least that lets me avoid changing the system time to get a correct calendar!

(in reply to avidgamr)
Post #: 7
RE: Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? - 4/13/2015 8:33:55 PM   
avidgamr

For the record (for those with the same problem):
Just wanted to mention that I bragged too soon. When it printed the calendar it still started from the current month regardless what was shown on screen. However, when I clicked the "Print" button I noticed that there was a section called "Time Range" that allows for month change that will change what is printed. Rather strange having to change it there, but if you don't it ignores what your calendar looks like and prints from the current month regardless. Verified fixed! Yea!

(in reply to avidgamr)
Post #: 8
RE: Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? - 4/14/2015 2:30:30 AM   
Ettie

avidgamr,

As I stated in my first post above:
"When you are ready to print your calendar, you would select both a specific Start Date and End Date to create an annual calendar."

The "Time Range" you mentioned has been a requirement since the very first version of Calendar Creator.

(in reply to avidgamr)
Post #: 9
RE: Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? - 12/19/2015 2:03:37 PM   
avidgamr

Oh yeah. LOL Too much of a hurry.

(in reply to Ettie)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Make January default month in CC 12 Deluxe? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4