Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Opening my PS 10 files in PS 23.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Opening my PS 10 files in PS 23.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Opening my PS 10 files in PS 23.1 - 12/30/2016 10:00:53 AM   
Horton

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 10 on it. I was told that PS 10 would not work with it. After some research I found that only PS 23.1 Deluxe was compatible with both the computer and with retrieving my saved files from PS 10. However, after acquiring the software and installing it on the computer, I am having difficulty retrieving my PS 10 files. The tech who hooked up my computer saved all my files from the old computer and downloaded them onto the new one. I can see the list, I just can't open them in PS 23.1 Deluxe. I have tried everything I know how to do but, I am not a computer wiz kid. Any help would be appreciated. I use these files for my part time business. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Opening my PS 10 files in PS 23.1 - 12/30/2016 11:38:49 AM   
JasonC

You would need to know the folder that the technician saved your computer files to.

Once you know where the folder is, click on File >Open. Tell Print Shop 23.1 where your saved files are and choose a project to open. Click on one of the files and then click open.

Are you getting any errors when attempting to open them?

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Horton)
Post #: 2
RE: Opening my PS 10 files in PS 23.1 - 12/30/2016 12:39:00 PM   
Horton

Thanks for your input. I figured it out with your help and by looking at other answers as well. The files on the computer I couldn't open were from Microsoft Spreadsheet. I had all the PS 10 files on a CD. When I tried to open the files on the CD I was using "all documents", not "all files (*.*)". I can open them now. The business cards don't print out like they used to though because there's no choice for the Avery template in PS 23.1 Deluxe.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: Opening my PS 10 files in PS 23.1 - 12/30/2016 12:46:57 PM   
JasonC

Which Avery Template did you need? I may be able to figure something out.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Horton)
Post #: 4
RE: Opening my PS 10 files in PS 23.1 - 12/30/2016 12:57:06 PM   
Horton

The package says to use Avery template 28371. There are 2 rows of 5 cards and you can print on both sides. The paper size is 8.5" x 11" and the cards are 2" x 3.5". The missing templates is the only thing I dislike about this "newer" version of Print Shop. The PS 10 had templates listed for every type of project. I do, however, like the ability to change the colors on the artwork to suit my needs.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
RE: Opening my PS 10 files in PS 23.1 - 12/30/2016 1:54:10 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Horton
The package says to use Avery template 28371. There are 2 rows of 5 cards and you can print on both sides. The paper size is 8.5" x 11" and the cards are 2" x 3.5"...

Essentially, all the Avery business card templates are the same layout. They have different stock numbers to differentiate glossy vs matte vs colored, etc. You can just use the default business card template which is what you described above. If however, there is a gap between the columns, then you can create a custom stock to include the gap.

(in reply to Horton)
Post #: 6
RE: Opening my PS 10 files in PS 23.1 - 12/30/2016 2:56:23 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Horton
I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 10 on it... I found that only PS 23.1 Deluxe was compatible with both the computer and with retrieving my saved files from PS 10...

As you get Win 10 updates, at some point you may find that PS 23.1 will no longer work. For the future, you should start exporting your projects as high resolution jpg (sans any text you don't want to be permanent). That way, you will have your image designs available to use in ANY graphics program you wish to install on Win 10 and up.

There was a user who had created his logo using the old Headlines feature. He didn't export it as jpg. On his new computer, none of his Win 10 compatible programs can recreate his logo exactly.

(in reply to Horton)
Post #: 7
RE: Opening my PS 10 files in PS 23.1 - 12/31/2016 7:25:24 AM   
Horton

Thanks. I'll try it again and do some rearranging. Have a great New Year!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Opening my PS 10 files in PS 23.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4