Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

'Select All' and export feature?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> 'Select All' and export feature? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
'Select All' and export feature? - 3/4/2016 7:49:36 PM   
Lonbo

Greetings... I've been an avid user of PrintShop 23.1 (sadly, WIN 10 compelled me into purchasing PrintShop 4.0 Professional... which I hate... but no choice, as I am sure many of you who did the WIN 10 upgrade can relate to!)

My question... is there a 'select all' feature in 4.0? I used to be able to create my graphic on your basic blank page, select all of the elements after completing the creation and exporting/saving as a jpeg. NOW, when exporting, it will include all of the blank space around my image that I do not want to save. The program seems focused on the page template dimensions over my wish to NOT include it in my final.

Please see the included image as an example - you'll see what I mean. I am unable to crop out the white area and simply save the cropped photo. If I have a project with many implements and want to do a select all and save, this is now no longer possible with this version of PrintShop.

Fingers crossed that a PrintShop 23.2 compatible with WIN 10 is in the works - I'm not happy at all with 4.0.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 'Select All' and export feature? - 3/4/2016 8:03:22 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lonbo
...when exporting, it will include all of the blank space around my image that I do not want to save.

It is not possible to select a portion of the page for exporting to JPG. Exporting to JPG creates a JPG of the entire page. However, an easy workaround is to open your new JPG in MS Paint, select the area you want to keep, then crop.

(in reply to Lonbo)
Post #: 2
RE: 'Select All' and export feature? - 3/4/2016 8:26:16 PM   
Lonbo

Thank you for the input. Once again, another step I didn't want to have to go through (23.1 made everything easy - and the repeated saves does degrade the image, so that really isn't going to be a decent solution for me, unfortunately) - would you happen to know if they are working on an updated version of 23.1 which will work with Windows 10?

Many thanks!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: 'Select All' and export feature? - 3/4/2016 8:40:38 PM   
ellengard

Doing one more save in MS Paint will not degrade your file in any way that you can discern. MS Paint's JPG compression is so low that quality is maintained. You would have to resave the same JPG file a dozen times before you could see any degrading.

Version 23.1 was the last of its kind.

(in reply to Lonbo)
Post #: 4
RE: 'Select All' and export feature? - 3/4/2016 8:45:36 PM   
ellengard

Another option to avoid white space when you create your JPG: Change the paper stock for your project.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 3/4/2016 8:48:58 PM >

(in reply to Lonbo)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> 'Select All' and export feature? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4