Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 4/30/2016 9:16:16 PM   
Whitewolf

Hi:

I hve just purchased Calendar Creator 12.1 and my first project will be to create 36 months of calendars with pictures etc.
My problem is that when I forward the date to say January of 2017, create the calendar I'd like for that month etc. and go to save it as a collection. After I select "save as collection" and type in a name it should save as a .bcc file to wherever I asked it to go. Well, I have done this a few times now and each time when I go to open a file in the previous file list, they always appear as calendar with todays day, month and year instead of the future one I elected. Am I missing something here? Oh, also, it does not save the files to .pdf but, instead tries to print them, then gives me an error message.

Windows10 prover1511
Asus mobo w/16gb RAM
250Gb Mx200 Crucial SSD
1 TB HDD etc.

Any help here would be gratefully received.

Whitewolf
Post #: 1
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/1/2016 12:43:55 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whitewolf
... each time when I go to open a file in the previous file list, they always appear as calendar with todays day, month and year instead of the future one I elected.

This program does not create a calendar for a limited time period - it creates a calendar in perpetuity. By default, the file opens on today's date. Simply jump to the month/year you want to look at. All the info you added for that time is there.

quote:

it does not save the files to .pdf but, instead tries to print them, then gives me an error message.

Because the calendar is "infinite", you will get an error trying to create a PDF without a date range. Using the Print command, select your PDF printer, enter the start date and end date, then print. Your PDF will be created.

(in reply to Whitewolf)
Post #: 2
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/1/2016 1:20:11 AM   
ellengard

The Save as PDF option in Calendar Creator 12 and in earlier versions of Calendar Creator will not work on any 64-bit Operating System

Please see this previous post:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=40071
for the solution.

(in reply to Whitewolf)
Post #: 3
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/1/2016 10:22:12 AM   
JasonC

Don't forget also Microsoft Print to PDF.

File > Print > Choose Microsoft Print to PDF from the list of printers. I rendered a test file and it appeared correctly on the PDF rendered to my computer.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Whitewolf)
Post #: 4
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/1/2016 1:37:03 PM   
Whitewolf

Thanks Ellengard for the valuable info you gave me. I have tried that and all calendars show as you said, however, (there's always a however) I find that when produced a full sized picture in and used the transparent templates, it showed as though the pick had indeed coveredf the whole 31 days and I sent to back so that dates showed through the grid etc. When I saved it as a .bcc the picture had shrunk back horizontally one full date column. So was completely usless. Any fix for that?
Thanks in advance.

Whitewolf

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/1/2016 1:38:45 PM   
Whitewolf

Hi TMLFAN4LIFE:
Thanks for the PDF Print to Microsoft advice. Will give it a try soon.

Whitewolf

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/1/2016 3:27:06 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...I find that when produced a full sized picture in and used the transparent templates, it showed as though the pick had indeed coveredf the whole 31 days and I sent to back so that dates showed through the grid etc. When I saved it as a .bcc the picture had shrunk back horizontally one full date column. So was completely usless. Any fix for that?

When I save my calendar and reopen, my full size background pictures display as expected. So maybe it's a Win10 incompatibility issue. I am using Win 7.

As a test and possible workaround, start a NEW calendar (so we don't mess up the work you've done thus far). Select a Transparent Whole Image Calendar template. On the calendar workspace, replace the default image with one of your own. Right-click the image, Properties, Browse...

Save, then close, then reopen. If your image displays fully, then this may be the way you need to go about having full size background pictures.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Whitewolf)
Post #: 7
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/1/2016 7:18:58 PM   
Whitewolf

Hi Ellengard:

Thanks once again for the info but after trying this work around I found it was doing the same thing. I believe that when you speak of opening the template for full background image, you speak of a vertical (portrait) style calendar wheras I am speaking of the wide (landscape) style. I found that if I save my calendar as a .jpg then it is fine and then I can create a .lpdf file from that that also displays correctly. I believe the horizontal (lanscape) format would also work if I could just find out exactly why it decides to compress vertically when rendered (saved) as a .bcc file. There must be something I'm missing in the setings. This program surely isn't very intuitive and must be a fairly long while since 12.1 came out as Broderbund hasn't even seen fit to make it Windows10 compatible. A lot of work-arounds where it should be straight forward.

Whitewolf

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/1/2016 7:22:33 PM   
Whitewolf

Hey TMLFAN4LIFE:

Tried the Microsoft Print to .Pdf and it worked great. I am still having problems with .bcc in Windows 10 but found that I'm able to save my original work either as a .pdf using your method or save it as a .jpg and then do the MS Print as .pdf trick. In any event, it's a little longer routine but at least the end result is that my calendar's have turned out okay. Thanks for the tip.

Whitewolf

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 9
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/1/2016 8:07:46 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...and must be a fairly long while since 12.1 came out as Broderbund hasn't even seen fit to make it Windows10 compatible. A lot of work-arounds where it should be straight forward.

This program is so old, it is remarkable that it could be tweaked to run as well as it does on Win 10. Broderbund's flagship products, PrintMaster and The Print Shop, were not updated. They were designed from the ground up to work with 64-bit, newer operating systems.

I do not know if there will be a Calendar Creator for what comes after Win 10. At some point, a program can't be modified to run on the next operating system.

I am hanging onto Win 7 "forever" - until my current computer totally dies. I will put off incompatibility issues for as long as possible!

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/1/2016 8:20:04 PM >

(in reply to Whitewolf)
Post #: 10
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/1/2016 8:31:59 PM   
Whitewolf

Hey Ellengard:

I hear ya. I saved my Win7 disk just to be on the safe side. Windows 10 isn't all that bad, once one gets used to some of it's ways of handling data. It has it's headaches with handling of some of the quirky software that many companies haven't bothered to update (not only Broderbund) but, I guess that's just one of the down sides to any new OS. Of course Microsoft hasn't made things any better with their new way of delivering updates. You get 'em whether you want them or not. They have a bad habit of sometime causing some software and hardware to balk and lock up. So you see, I think it's more a programmer problem stemming from Microsoft than purely the operating system.

Well, thanks again and you never know, I may be back asking more questions one of these days. Take Care.

Whitewolf

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 11
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/1/2016 8:40:03 PM   
ellengard

Are you planning to make a paper version of your calendar, printed at home? If so, the easiest method with the best results is my "low-tech" technique.

1. Select your image and print it "full page photo" using Windows print wizard.
  2. Re-insert this printed page into the printer.
  3. Print the calendar month right on top of your printed page.

Tip: The calendar is most readable when the lines and text are dark, and the photo is light or washed-out (you can use the printer's settings to do this).

Here, I have used the default basic calendar, so everything that was white, appears as transparent on my photo. I should add that this doesn't work on color laser printers as the printed toner melts and smears when going through the printer a second time.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/1/2016 9:06:46 PM >

(in reply to Whitewolf)
Post #: 12
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/2/2016 7:48:22 AM   
Whitewolf

Hi Ellengard:

Thanks for your info and example. You know, that is exactly the way I was producing calendars using the free program "Calme" which I feel was a real good program if only it had gone a few steps further with some added features. Your tips have been very good and I will incorporate them to my best advantage.

Have a great day

Whitewolf

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 13
RE: Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months - 5/2/2016 10:42:02 PM   
ellengard

Hi, Whitewolf,
quote:

When I saved it as a .bcc the picture had shrunk back horizontally one full date column.

I see that when I don't change my margins (both page and calendar frame) to zero, my Print Preview looks as if the picture shrinks towards the left. Try zeroing out your margins before you save and see if that has an effect.
Page Setup> Margins tab...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/2/2016 10:53:13 PM >

(in reply to Whitewolf)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Create Monthly Calendars for Future 36 Months Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4