Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Text Box background color, symbols

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Text Box background color, symbols Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Text Box background color, symbols - 8/9/2016 12:50:51 PM   
FAS

I have printmaster 7 on windows 10 as windows 10 will not support printmaster 18.1. How do I change the background color on my text box. I can change the text color but not the background. Also where are my symbols like I had on the printmaster 18
Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Text Box background color, symbols - 8/9/2016 1:29:33 PM   
JasonC

I'm not sure what you mean by Symbols, if you can clarify that, I can check for you.

Adding in a background to text requires creating a headline. Then under the fill category, choose image instead of color. Notice the result after browsing for an image and choosing it to fill my text.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to FAS)
Post #: 2
RE: Text Box background color, symbols - 8/9/2016 1:33:40 PM   
JasonC

On a regular text box, make sure the Text category is selected and the text you want to change the color is highlighted. Then click the color button and you can choose it.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to FAS)
Post #: 3
RE: Text Box background color, symbols - 8/9/2016 2:12:51 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: FAS
How do I change the background color on my text box.

Unfortunately, the text box background cannot be colored. The workaround is to add a colored rectangular shape behind the text box.

quote:

Also where are my symbols like I had on the printmaster 18

This program doesn't have a built-in Character Map. To add symbols, I copy and paste from Windows Character Map. (click Windows Start button and type "character map" in the search box) This has hundreds more symbols than PM18!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 8/9/2016 2:17:06 PM >

(in reply to FAS)
Post #: 4
RE: Text Box background color, symbols - 8/9/2016 5:30:37 PM   
FAS

Sorry but that didn't work. I don't want to add an image to the text box. I want to change the color of the whole text box say for instance to blue then I can type my text in white. For instance, Saturday, August 13, 2016 @ 10:00 A.M. would be in white letters with a blue background. Printmaster 18.1 had a symbol link that I could put a small diamond or square or round dot in place of the @ symbol. In Printmaster 18.1 all I had to do was click the text box and change it to any color I wanted then change the font color and type with a color background. If some one could help me with this I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks

(in reply to FAS)
Post #: 5
RE: Text Box background color, symbols - 8/9/2016 5:35:28 PM   
FAS

Sorry again. I just scrolled down and seen the symbols. Yes that's what I want as far as symbols. I'm trying to make a flyer from scratch and I want to keep the whole flyer background white but the banners or text box I add to the page itself I want to be able to color it only then type in it with white letters.

Thanks

(in reply to FAS)
Post #: 6
RE: Text Box background color, symbols - 8/9/2016 7:33:44 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: FAS
... I want to keep the whole flyer background white... type... with white letters.

The only way to do this is with colored shapes positioned behind your text.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FAS)
Post #: 7
RE: Text Box background color, symbols - 8/9/2016 8:29:25 PM   
FAS

Ok I went to shapes and lines and created a rectangle box and colored it blue for my background. Now why can't I type in it with white letters like I want to. In the other two printmaster versions I had all you had to do is create a text box and choose your color for the background then choose the color of the letters and size. Why won't this program do that. There has to be a way. I'm trying to make a flyer from scratch like I did in my printmaster 18.1 version. Ready to scream here.

(in reply to FAS)
Post #: 8
RE: Text Box background color, symbols - 8/9/2016 10:00:11 PM   
ellengard

1. Add a new text box.
  2. Type inside the text box. You can change the font color to white now or later.
  3. Move the text box over top of the colored rectangle.
See my screen capture above. This is NOT PrintMaster 18 which is totally incompatible with 7.0. These two programs do not do the same things the same way.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 8/9/2016 10:28:15 PM >

(in reply to FAS)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Text Box background color, symbols Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4