Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Justification with Headlines

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Justification with Headlines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Justification with Headlines - 9/15/2016 12:55:03 PM   
lmaarchitects

I have been using PrintMaster forever - always making sure I'm updated with the latest software.
We had to update our computers for Windows 10 due to CAD and I also had to update to PrintMaster v7.

WHAT HAPPENED TO JUSTIFICATION OF TEXT IN HEADLINES???
Our company logo was designed on PrintMaster 18. People thought we hired graphic designers! I did it watching tv.
Now I have v7 and cannot duplicate our logo because there is no justification allowed when using Headlines.

I have attached the difference (I had to add our PM18 logo as a .jpg.). I'm in trouble without the use of our logo.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Justification with Headlines - 9/15/2016 2:22:49 PM   
ellengard

Unfortunately, v7.0 cannot do what you want. A workaround is to make a separate headline for each line and shorten the width so that the characters maintain proportion. Apply a different gradient for each one. i.e. red to dark red, dark red to very dark red, very dark red to black.

For important business graphics such as logos, having them in a standard vector format such as SVG and high res raster format with transparent background such as PNG, is essential. These formats are then available for all graphic programs. SVG allows unlimited rescaling such that large format printing is ultra sharp - no pixelation.

The old versions of Printmaster can export as JPG and PDF. I don't like the JPG version because the edges aren't anti-aliased. The PDF version is smooth. With the right programs, it is then possible to import the PDF and create a PNG version.

Tip: In the old PM, remove the shadowing, save as PDF. This makes removing the white background easy in a standalone photo-editing program, and then shadowing can be reapplied. Then it can be saved as PNG which can be used in all your business documents.

(in reply to lmaarchitects)
Post #: 2
RE: Justification with Headlines - 9/15/2016 2:29:08 PM   
ellengard

Alternatively, if Photoshop Elements or Paintshop Pro is available to you, you can recreate your logo and save as PNG. I think the open source GIMP can also do it.

Post #: 3
RE: Justification with Headlines - 9/15/2016 3:47:45 PM   
ellengard

It appears that your website uses a different image than this one stored on the wix host. Interesting.
Direct link to:

Screen snip:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 9/15/2016 4:24:37 PM >

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Justification with Headlines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4