Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

SELECT ALL AND CUT AND PASTE OBJECTS

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> SELECT ALL AND CUT AND PASTE OBJECTS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SELECT ALL AND CUT AND PASTE OBJECTS - 9/13/2016 12:40:00 PM   
eileene

How do I select all objects/graphics to cut and paste
Post #: 1
RE: SELECT ALL AND CUT AND PASTE OBJECTS - 9/13/2016 1:40:57 PM   
ellengard

Elements won't paste into other programs, only into other open Print Shop projects. Drag diagonally to "grab" everything, ctrl-x, ctrl-v.

To make clipart available to other programs, hover over the thumbnail in the gallery, click Actions, then Save to Disk.

(in reply to eileene)
Post #: 2
RE: SELECT ALL AND CUT AND PASTE OBJECTS - 9/13/2016 2:35:18 PM   
eileene

Thank you. What I am trying to do is copy a group that I created. Ducks with different hats and a background. I grouped it but when I copy and paste to put on the same page it only copies the background and past it on top of the original. I am so frustrated. Thank you

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: SELECT ALL AND CUT AND PASTE OBJECTS - 9/13/2016 4:09:54 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: eileene
I am trying to do is copy a group that I created... it only copies the background and past it on top of the original.

I'm sorry, but I can't get the same results. Backgrounds won't copy. Backgrounds are applied via the Project tab and the button on the far left. These backgrounds can't be selected like clipart elements.

When I select all and copy/paste, all my elements EXCEPT the background, are duplicated. This is what is supposed to happen.

Try this. Remove your background. Select your ducks, etc, and see if they will copy. Let's make sure that it is possible to duplicate these since you haven't been able to copy them yet.

(in reply to eileene)
Post #: 4
RE: SELECT ALL AND CUT AND PASTE OBJECTS - 9/13/2016 7:36:56 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... it only copies the background and past it on top of the original.

Is it possible that your copied ducks, etc. are under the "background". i.e. the layer arrangement has changed, but all your copies are there.

(in reply to eileene)
Post #: 5
RE: SELECT ALL AND CUT AND PASTE OBJECTS - 9/13/2016 8:50:44 PM   
eileene

First I want to thank you for taking the time to help me. I have used PSD for about twenty years. I have updated many times. I just got this yesterday and I am so frustrated it is so different then the previous ones. Anyway I am going to try the things you suggested. I can't figure out where or how to select all. Thanks again for you help

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: SELECT ALL AND CUT AND PASTE OBJECTS - 9/13/2016 8:59:48 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...I can't figure out where or how to select all. Thanks again for you help

You're welcome. Yes, it is a completely different interface, however select all is pretty much the same as in most programs. Click on any element so it is highlighted, ctrl-a. What also works is dragging your cursor from top-left to bottom-right so you "grab" everything. You'll see the light blue boundaries appear around the elements indicating you have made selections.

Since this is a different program, you'll find its user guide helpful.
http://printshop.com/user-guide/40.aspx

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/13/2016 9:04:44 PM >

(in reply to eileene)
Post #: 7
RE: SELECT ALL AND CUT AND PASTE OBJECTS - 9/13/2016 10:56:58 PM   
eileene

Thank you very much you have been very helpful.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> SELECT ALL AND CUT AND PASTE OBJECTS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4