Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Deleting Categories

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Deleting Categories Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deleting Categories - 10/6/2016 12:41:07 PM   
steviegt

I understand how to delete items in a category but how do you then remove the "category name" from the list?

Calendar Creator 2016
Windows 10 Home Build 15063
ESET Security Suite 10
Post #: 1
RE: Deleting Categories - 10/6/2016 2:06:56 PM   
steviegt

Additional info that should have been in initial post...

I exported event lists to a .csv file(s) from CC v12.1 and then imported the .csv file(s) into CC 2016. My intent was to move events from old categories from imported .csv file into CC 2016 default categories. I understand how to Re-categorize events but I don't want the imported categories to show in the Category list displayed on left side of window.

Calendar Creator 2016
ESET Security Suite 10

(in reply to steviegt)
Post #: 2
RE: Deleting Categories - 10/6/2016 3:04:40 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: steviegt
...I don't want the imported categories to show in the Category list displayed on left side of window.

Welcome to the forums, steviegt! Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. This program was just released and I have only ever used the older version. I wanted to reply to keep this thread current and hopefully other users of CC 2016 will see your question, too.

I'll check to see if I can delete categories on the old version. Maybe the method is similar.

(in reply to steviegt)
Post #: 3
RE: Deleting Categories - 10/6/2016 6:15:45 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... My intent was to move events from old categories from imported .csv file into CC 2016 default categories.

I see how to do it in the old version:
Choose Categories from the Events menu, then select the category you want to change. Click Delete to bring up the dialog box that asks if you want to move the events to another category. After you click the Move button, you can choose a default category.

Hope this helps even though it is not the latest version.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to steviegt)
Post #: 4
RE: Deleting Categories - 10/6/2016 6:24:29 PM   
steviegt

I used CC since it 1st came out. The new version is totally different and advise you really think about it before you purchase it. I don't think it's very user friendly. The tutorial video's they offer are very basic at best. It's very different
and you really have to click around to figure things out. Unfortunately this particular issue cannot be resolved like the older versions. That option isn't even available. You can delete events in the category but doesn't allow as far as I can
see the ability to remove the unwanted category. I'm thinking about getting a refund and reinstalling v12.1. Thanks for your reply.

< Message edited by steviegt -- 10/6/2016 6:25:53 PM >

Calendar Creator 2016
ESET Security Suite 10

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Deleting Categories - 10/6/2016 7:30:28 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...The new version is totally different ...

That's good to know. The packaging doesn't look like it has essentially changed, so I thought 2016 was an update. Sounds like it is an entirely new program inspired by the previous CC.

Upon closer examination of the packaging, I see "powered by Storyrock". So yes, this is entirely different. Same thing happened with PrintMaster. The new version is also powered by Storyrock, which makes it a different program marketed with the same brand name.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 10/6/2016 7:35:13 PM >

(in reply to steviegt)
Post #: 6
RE: Deleting Categories - 10/6/2016 8:57:21 PM   
JasonC

quote:

I used CC since it 1st came out. The new version is totally different and advise you really think about it before you purchase it. I don't think it's very user friendly. The tutorial video's they offer are very basic at best. It's very different
and you really have to click around to figure things out. Unfortunately this particular issue cannot be resolved like the older versions. That option isn't even available. You can delete events in the category but doesn't allow as far as I can
see the ability to remove the unwanted category. I'm thinking about getting a refund and reinstalling v12.1. Thanks for your reply.

Let me ask around. I was playing around with the program initially and run into some things. I'm not completely sure if what you are trying to do can be done. But I can check.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to steviegt)
Post #: 7
RE: Deleting Categories - 10/7/2016 11:18:42 AM   
JasonC

Hmm just as I thought, it can't be removed

I'll pass on this feedback.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Deleting Categories Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4