Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

print shop or calander maker

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> print shop or calander maker Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
print shop or calander maker - 1/17/2017 12:50:05 PM   
lrwaltermire

in the calendar maker if I put birthdates in and change the year will it keep the birthdates in place. I cant seem to do this in the
print 3.5 deluxe software I currently have
Post #: 1
RE: print shop or calander maker - 1/17/2017 2:24:42 PM   
JasonC

You will find that The Print Shop 3.5 has limited configurability when it comes to modifying the way the calendar looks as outlined here: http://www.printshop.com/user-guide/35/designing-and-modifying-a-project/working-with-calendars/calendar-display-options.aspx

Basically, names will need to be manually inserted into the box for each day using the text box.

In regards to the other program you referred to as a calendar maker, what is the actual name of the product?

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to lrwaltermire)
Post #: 2
RE: print shop or calander maker - 1/17/2017 3:03:44 PM   
lrwaltermire

So every year when I change to the next year I will have to retype the names in a text box?
the PrintShop version 6 I had could change the year and names stayed with the dates I liked that better.

the calendar software is Calendar Creator. can I enter names on dates and will they stay with the dates when
you go to the next year.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: print shop or calander maker - 1/17/2017 3:08:11 PM   
JasonC

You can change the Calendar to any date you like by using the options available to you at the top of the interface under the Calendar tab. If you have any events that are in there, they are removed. The information you enter manually may not be in the right box when you change the calendar date, but text boxes can be easily moved so they are in the correct area.

In regards to Calendar Creator, are you asking the program to repeat something for a birthday? If yes, check out the attached image. You'll have to click on the functions button and use the birthdays feature in order to have that repeat.

And if your screen does not look like mine, please specify the correct version of Calendar Creator.

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

Post #: 4
RE: print shop or calander maker - 1/17/2017 3:42:45 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: lrwaltermire
the PrintShop version 6 I had could change the year and names stayed with the dates I liked that better.

Version 6 must have been the Win95 version. I have the last updated version of that program, version 23.1 (for Win 7).

Print Shop 23.1 and earlier has a bug in it. http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=34825 If you change the year in your calendar project, the event dates are updated correctly, but if you then save and close your calendar project, upon reopening it, your events are no longer in the correct day! My workaround was to print the new year calendar, but never save it. It was simple enough to open "2010" every year which contained all my birthdays and anniversaries, and change the year and print... then I started using Calendar Creator which accurately repeated my birthdates and anniversaries.

Version 3.5 / 4.0 will delete all added events when you change the year. I would not use Print Shop for calendar making. It's better for making cards, brochures, and flyers.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/17/2017 3:46:11 PM >

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> print shop or calander maker Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4