Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Windows vs. Mac

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Windows vs. Mac Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows vs. Mac - 3/4/2017 7:19:28 PM   
hamburger99

I've been using Calendar Creator on Windows for many years. I just switched to a MAC and find the software is a lot less featured. Anyone know work arounds for things like an event that spans several days and is included in a "box"?
Post #: 1
RE: Windows vs. Mac - 3/4/2017 7:45:34 PM   
DEJenc3

I have not used Calendar Creator on a Mac, and won't be able to answer your question. I'm surprised that there would be much functionality difference between the Windows and Mac versions.

To be clear: Are you asking about Calendar Creator 12.1, and not the new version?

I hope that someone who has used Calendar Creator on a Mac will respond.

David

(in reply to hamburger99)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows vs. Mac - 3/4/2017 8:47:05 PM   
hamburger99

I'm using version 1.0.1.438. Broderlund told me that CC for windows and Mac both have the same functionality, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows vs. Mac - 3/4/2017 9:05:15 PM   
DEJenc3

Thanks. Yes, this appears to be the new version of Calendar Creator. I've moved the thread to the Calendar Creator 2016 forum for the new version. I'm not even sure if Calendar Creator 12.1 was written for Mac.

While it may be true that the Windows and Mac versions of Calendar Creator 2016 are functionally similar, you'll find that the new version differs substantially from Calendar Creator 12.1, or any previous Windows version you have used. It's a newly designed program, with the emphasis on graphics. You may find that the graphics features are enhanced from previous versions, but the calendar functions are diminished.

David

Post #: 4
RE: Windows vs. Mac - 3/4/2017 9:09:23 PM   
hamburger99

That's bad. Although I hadn't used Calendar Creator (Windows) in a few years, I wasn't aware that there are now two products. The new one (I guess that's 2016) is terrible. Maybe you're right about doing more graphics, but the program is called CALENDAR creator....that's what I need to do.

So what's the old product called? IF it wasn't sold as a MAC program, is the Windows version still available?

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 5
RE: Windows vs. Mac - 3/4/2017 9:21:40 PM   
DEJenc3

It's possible that the box around spanned events is a feature that's gone from the new version, but I hope to try it when I next use the program.

I do not see the previous Windows version (Calendar Creator 12.1) on Encore's website, but you may want to call during the week and ask if you can still order it. Also, you'll be able to ask if a Mac version exists of 12.1 -- my guess is that it doesn't.

David

Post #: 6
RE: Windows vs. Mac - 3/4/2017 10:25:53 PM   
JasonC

To the best of my knowledge, Calendar Creator did not exist for the Mac until the 2016 release of the software.

The Windows version of CC 12.1 and the 2016 version are completely different programming and some functionality that was in the older one is not present in this one.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

Post #: 7
RE: Windows vs. Mac - 3/10/2017 2:12:36 PM   
vmac

Hi - I have also just purchased CC for Mac after using the windows version for a few years. I work on a MacBook Pro but have been creating my calendars on the PC and then sending myself the pdf. I'm specifically looking for a way to create a border around a text box so that I can drag that box over a few days time period. Without the border, it doesn't really work. Anyone know how to do this? It's something I do frequently on the windows version but can't figure it out on the new Mac version. Thank you!

Post #: 8
RE: Windows vs. Mac - 3/10/2017 2:20:41 PM   
JasonC

Calendar Creator does not have Banner Style events at this time but I've worked around it - sort of. I've taken a shape and change the opacity of it. Then, I created a text box over that shape and changed it's background too but allowed black text.

Adjusted my font to size 24 and I got the end result in the screenshot below:

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to vmac)
Post #: 9
RE: Windows vs. Mac - 3/10/2017 2:42:04 PM   
JasonC

Here is one more attempt I made to achieve that. When you have a shape like a square rectangle, you can stretch that over to a week over the calendar. The tools will not only let you adjust opacity, but also the line thickness of the shape too. You may want to play around with different formats before you find something you like.

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 10
RE: Windows vs. Mac - 3/10/2017 6:19:09 PM   
vmac

Thank you! This is helpful. Not as good as it used to be, unfortunately. But at least it's a work around. I appreciate the help!

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Windows vs. Mac Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4