Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Trouble creating card

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017) >> Trouble creating card Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trouble creating card - 10/19/2017 1:23:57 PM   
SandyB

I have PM v8 for Mac. I’m trying to create a card that opens in portrait mode. The card size is 5.5” h and 8.5” w and then folded in the middle. In other words it has a front, open it up right to left and there are words and clip are inside and then on the back a graphic. I’m new to PM and have worked on this for two days, very frustrating. How do I do this?
Post #: 1
RE: Trouble creating card - 10/19/2017 4:11:08 PM   
ellengard

Sorry, that is impossible. If you are starting with a sheet that is 8.5x11, you can get a folded card that is 5.5 high and 8.5 wide, but the fold must be at the top, not the side i.e. it opens from bottom to top.

If your paper is 11x17, then we can do want you describe. Is this the case?

< Message edited by ellengard -- 10/19/2017 4:12:55 PM >

(in reply to SandyB)
Post #: 2
RE: Trouble creating card - 10/19/2017 5:19:33 PM   
SandyB

I tried different things. Avery template 3268 which is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 nite cards. Then I tried 8 1/2 x 11. I want a card that is small but not quarter fold. Like 1/2 sheet of paper cut in half lengthwise then able to print on front and reverse making a card when folded. My 94 year old father in law makes these all the time but he has PM Microsoft version and an older version. He’s recovering in rehab so I can’t ask him to give me some ideas. Thanks

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

Sorry, that is impossible. If you are starting with a sheet that is 8.5x11, you can get a folded card that is 5.5 high and 8.5 wide, but the fold must be at the top, not the side i.e. it opens from bottom to top.

If your paper is 11x17, then we can do want you describe. Is this the case?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Trouble creating card - 10/19/2017 7:03:21 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: SandyB
...Avery template 3268

To be clear, these are two cards per sheet. If you want SIDE fold, the folded card size is 5.5" tall; 4.25" wide. Is this what you want?

If yes, will you be using Avery 3268 (pre-scored and perforatted) or just regular 8.5x11 card stock?

(in reply to SandyB)
Post #: 4
RE: Trouble creating card - 10/19/2017 8:26:30 PM   
ellengard

From what I have experienced, there is no template to make a note card i.e. a small folded card. That is not to say you can't make such a card yourself with this program. It just means doing your own custom setup.

Alternatively, you can select a ready-made card and change up the images and text to your liking. Then print it onto regular card stock, using the print options to select a smaller size. The card will print in the middle so you can fold in half and trim off the edges to get a full-bleed effect.

If you want to pursue the custom set up, see post #6.

In this example, I selected a ready-made greeting card that normally prints to make a 5x7 card once folded and trimmed. By changing to "Scale to Fit" and custom size of 4.5 x 6.3 (10% smaller, but you can go smaller still), I'll have a smaller card.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 10/19/2017 10:07:52 PM >

(in reply to SandyB)
Post #: 5
RE: Trouble creating card - 10/19/2017 9:55:42 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: SandyB
... I want a card that is small but not quarter fold. Like 1/2 sheet of paper ...making a card when folded.

This is how I do it:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=53303

(in reply to SandyB)
Post #: 6
RE: Trouble creating card - 10/20/2017 9:39:06 AM   
SandyB

It worked! We have a printer that prints duplex so I didn’t even have to reinsert the paper manually.
Thank you so much, my first card will be for my 94 year old father in law. He’s happy I’m learning
This program and following in his footsteps. He’s been creating cards for about the last 10+years.

SandyB

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 7
RE: Trouble creating card - 10/20/2017 4:07:39 PM   
lindarobin

I'm so glad that worked! Your father-in-law will be pleased with his card, I'm sure! I hope you also try making big cards, too. PrintMaster has so many nice templates and so many beautiful graphics to customize them.

(in reply to SandyB)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017) >> Trouble creating card Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4