Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Avery Label Templates - Orientation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017) >> Avery Label Templates - Orientation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/16/2018 4:13:12 PM   
TravelingVardo

Hi -

I am brand new to PrintMaster (using Platinum, v8 on Windows 10). I purchased it to replace an old software I'd used for years that is now defunct. I work with Avery labels so I purchased PrintMaster because it supports Avery templates.

I think that PM will be able to do absolutely everything I need it to (and them some!), but I am trying to figure out how to change the label orientation as I create a new project.

For example, I choose "Create From Scratch", select "Avery Templates", then choose the Avery Template for their label# 5395 (name badges). I use this particular label for a couple of different products that I make, but one product the label orientation needs to be in landscape and the other product the label orientation needs to be portrait. I was able to quickly and easily do this in my old program at the time that I would choose the particular label template I needed. With PrintMaster, however, I've searched and searched and watched all the tutorials I can find, but this question is never addressed.

The only place I can even find "orientation" addressed in the PrintMaster 8 User Guide is under "Printers", but I need to be able to change the orientation of the label at the very beginning of the project so that I can design it in the correct orientation for the product it is going on, not just change the orientation of an entire sheet when I'm ready to print.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

< Message edited by TravelingVardo -- 8/16/2018 4:24:01 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/16/2018 4:54:47 PM   
Heddahopper

I have the same issue only when starting a new greeting card. There is no option for portrait or landscape! Isn't that odd? Also, when starting from scratch it gives you the option as to size of card. But after the project is finished and goes to printing, the alignment is far off and does not print to the correct size. What's going on? Is there a way to easily align Print Master with my printer?

(in reply to TravelingVardo)
Post #: 2
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/16/2018 9:58:35 PM   
TravelingVardo

That is strange, Heddahopper!

I love the tutorial videos on the site, but they're generally very basic and I do wish there was far more in-depth information available. Even the user guide seems to just skim over the basics and doesn't really cover the full range of the capabilities I'm certain PrintMaster has.

Hopefully someone has a answers that can help both of us!

< Message edited by TravelingVardo -- 8/16/2018 9:59:35 PM >

(in reply to Heddahopper)
Post #: 3
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/16/2018 10:13:16 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: Heddahopper

I have the same issue only when starting a new greeting card. There is no option for portrait or landscape! Isn't that odd? Also, when starting from scratch it gives you the option as to size of card. But after the project is finished and goes to printing, the alignment is far off and does not print to the correct size. What's going on? Is there a way to easily align Print Master with my printer?

If you find that printing is off, the alignment wizard is in the Print Dialog box. You can adjust it to a custom amount to make your printer adapt better.

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

Post #: 4
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/16/2018 10:16:10 PM   
JasonC

Clicking on File > Print Setup seems to offer a Portrait or landscape mode. I played around with it in the print setup options too. It changed the orientation of the page.

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 5
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/16/2018 10:27:44 PM   
JasonC

I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow. I've searched and searched and still could not find something in here.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/16/2018 11:59:23 PM   
TravelingVardo

Thanks, Jason. You are correct that page orientation can be changed in the printer options, but that is only relevant to the entire sheet rather than to the individual label during the project design process.

I appreciate you taking the time to research it for me as this is an imperative part of my design process. Many of the products I create may use the same size label, but some require the label in portrait orientation due to the product packaging, while others require landscape orientation for the same reason.

Thank you again!

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 7
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/17/2018 1:01:33 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Heddahopper
... when starting a new greeting card. There is no option for portrait or landscape! Isn't that odd?

Portrait vs landscape cards are now presented with the width and height dimensions. Cards also used to be categorized as side-fold or top-fold. I guess it just takes getting used to the naming convention.

quote:

Also, when starting from scratch it gives you the option as to size of card. But after the project is finished and goes to printing, the alignment is far off and does not print to the correct size...

I have some tips and techniques for making cards and getting them to print aligned correctly, here in my blog. (e.g. setting the margins to zero, scaling, image size, etc.) Try my suggestions and if you have more questions, please post back.
http://ellengard.weebly.com/blog

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/17/2018 3:16:55 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/17/2018 1:29:10 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: TravelingVardo
... but I am trying to figure out how to change the label orientation as I create a new project.

... label# 5395 (name badges). I use this particular label for a couple of different products that I make, but one product the label orientation needs to be in landscape and the other product the label orientation needs to be portrait.

You can accomplish this by entering the label dimensions as shown here:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 8/17/2018 1:30:05 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/17/2018 1:38:03 PM   
ellengard

For example, here is what my name badge portrait labels look like in the program...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 8/17/2018 1:44:16 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/17/2018 1:44:00 PM   
ellengard

... and after printing.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 11
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/17/2018 2:57:52 PM   
TravelingVardo

Fantastic! Thank you so much, ellengard! :-)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 12
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/17/2018 3:42:00 PM   
ellengard

You are very welcome! Cool Etsy store. I can see where making labels is crucial for you. PrintMaster will be super helpful with that. I find the hardest thing about making labels is simply getting the correct gaps sizes. I wish Avery would provide that info on all their packages.

Post #: 13
RE: Avery Label Templates - Orientation - 8/17/2018 5:33:09 PM   
TravelingVardo

You're very kind, ellengard! I hope that PrintMaster will give me even more capabilities than my old program did. Now to get in there and play around with it.

Thanks for your help!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017) >> Avery Label Templates - Orientation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4