Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder - 1/17/2018 2:41:22 PM   
cmason47

Hello, I am posting here on the behalf of the association I'm employed by. We use PrintShop here, and our users save to a network based folder redirect.This is meant to allow our users to
save documents and use them between different machines, and make for easier backups. Our users encountered an error when trying to save to this network folder ONLY when saving a Printshop document as a .PSproj file.
We get a "<ProjectSaveFailure>" error when trying to save projects and a "This file does not appear to be a TPS3.0 or TPS 2.0 formatted project file." error when opening these projects. The same file can then be moved out of the network
folder and opened perfectly fine, same for saving the files. I have searched the support articles and attempted all of the "Solutions" and have not had any luck so far. I would really apperciate some assitance as soon as possible.
Post #: 1
RE: PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder - 1/17/2018 3:18:55 PM   
JasonC

This program is not supported over a network It is intended to function on a stand alone computer which the files are saved to locally on the hard drive.

If you attempt to run or install a program from a network or save files to a network drive, it will give errors.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to cmason47)
Post #: 2
RE: PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder - 1/17/2018 3:22:53 PM   
cmason47

Was this a recent design choice? When saving files from PrintShop 23.1 to network drives everything works fine.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder - 1/17/2018 3:37:52 PM   
JasonC

I honestly don't have any info on the programming or design. I simply know that our programs are intended for use on a personal home computer and corporate networks may interfere with the way the programs functionality is designed.

As long as the program is installed properly and the files are saved locally to the same computer, it should function. But drives that are not physically on the computer or drives that are in the cloud won't work.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to cmason47)
Post #: 4
RE: PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder - 1/17/2018 7:03:04 PM   
ellengard

It's certainly not as convenient as a network, but the workaround is to email the project.

(in reply to cmason47)
Post #: 5
RE: PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder - 1/17/2018 7:18:17 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: cmason47
Was this a recent design choice? When saving files from PrintShop 23.1 to network drives everything works fine.

see: http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=50202

Even version 23.1 was never supported on a network. It did work for some, but that was luck. If it ran into trouble, tech support couldn't fix it because the program wasn't specifically designed to work on a network.

(in reply to cmason47)
Post #: 6
RE: PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder - 8/30/2022 4:35:01 AM   
prasedenica

Your mission is to repair your devastated ranch. duck life will assist you in completing this objective, but you must first become a good trainer in order to pass the missions with flying colors.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder - 3/24/2023 4:35:39 AM   
shara123

If these steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to consult with the technical support subway surfers team for PrintShop or your network administrator for further assistance in resolving the issue. They may be able to provide additional insights or recommendations specific to your network setup and configuration.

(in reply to prasedenica)
Post #: 8
RE: PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder - 9/21/2023 2:54:59 AM   
voucheat

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: cmason47

see: http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=50202
free games
Even version 23.1 was never supported on a network. It did work for some, but that was luck. If it ran into trouble, tech support couldn't fix it because the program wasn't specifically designed to work on a network.

This version works very stable.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> PrintShop Error Saving to Network Folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4