Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Print Quality

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> Printing Specific >> Print Quality Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Print Quality - 8/29/2005 9:17:45 PM   
alfa247

I haave been playing with this forever now and the printds are just not printing right. I am using a thermal printer kodak 1400 to print these so I know its not the printer. What I do is I export the file as TIff into my photoshop and then print from there the software does not like my kodak printer from within the program because it always gives me a funky size of the print even though in printer settings I have the correct size selected. What format gives me the best resolution? Tyhe thing is that even when I import the picture into the program as a PSD it downgrades the resolution to low. Can I e-mail you this file I just did? Its a tiff file format.
Thanks for all your help Midge. This program is such a tease it creates these wonderful things but when it comes to printing them it is not doing a great job for me. Am I the only one having this problem?
Post #: 1
RE: Print Quality - 8/29/2005 9:35:54 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: alfa247

...What I do is I export the file as TIff into my photoshop and then print from there the software does not like my kodak printer from within the program because it always gives me a funky size of the print even though in printer settings I have the correct size selected. What format gives me the best resolution? Tyhe thing is that even when I import the picture into the program as a PSD it downgrades the resolution to low.

No, don't export your project as a raster image for printing purposes. As you have discovered, the resolution/quality declines dramatically.

You aren't the first person to say that you can't get full size printing to work. Although we haven't had a technical answer to this problem, we do have a work-around. When you go to print, print to the Borderbund PDF Converter. This will create a PDF file which you can open and print using Adobe Reader. To create a high resolution PDF file, you must select the 600 dpi option first, before going to print. I think it's found in Tools?

Oh, I just remembered that I once exported my project to JPG and took the file to a professional printer and it printed GREAT. The trick was to INCREASE THE PIXEL WIDTH AND HEIGHT DIMENSIONS in the option box that comes up when you choose to export as JPG. Maybe this also happens when you choose TIF. If you want 8 inches across, you should input at least 1600 pixels.

(in reply to alfa247)
Post #: 2
RE: Print Quality - 8/29/2005 9:52:24 PM   
alfa247

Ohh my goodness that is soooo much better I am so happy I just did a quick test and it looks sooo much better the text is sharp and the pictuere I put in is perfect. The only thing that was fuzzy now was the BG of the pre-created template from the software. So all these themes are not the best quality I take it?

THANKS!!!

< Message edited by alfa247 -- 8/29/2005 9:53:30 PM >

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: Print Quality - 8/29/2005 10:01:21 PM   
lindarobin

Glad it's working for you! Did you do the PDF thing or the increase dimensions thing?

I think all the themes are high quality resolution. Certain raster images in the art gallery can't be enlarged too much. I found that the "default" size of the embellishments print beautifully. I try not to enlarge them more than 20%.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 7/18/2012 4:45:59 PM >

(in reply to alfa247)
Post #: 4
RE: Print Quality - 8/30/2005 9:49:38 AM   
alfa247

I did the PDF thing anf it worked I did not change the size of the original bg but it still came out kind of pixel like. but everything else looked fine. I will try to play with it again. So the only other question is if I do the 12 x 12 is the pdf thing going to work? I have not tried it yet

< Message edited by alfa247 -- 8/30/2005 9:58:37 AM >

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 5
RE: Print Quality - 8/30/2005 12:32:00 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: alfa247

... I did not change the size of the original bg but it still came out kind of pixel like...

My guess is that the original bg was a bitmap image stetched out to fill the page and that's why it's pixelated. If you really like that particular background and it's basically a texture, here's what you can do. Size it down to 1/4 page. Duplicate it so you have 4 of them and reposition them on your page. (I try to match the edges by using mirror images.)
quote:

... if I do the 12 x 12 is the pdf thing going to work? I have not tried it yet

Yes, it should save it as a 12x12, but you will have to find a printer that takes 12x12 paper, otherwise, it will probably print portions of your project across 4 sheets of 8.5x11.

(in reply to alfa247)
Post #: 6
RE: Print Quality - 8/30/2005 10:16:26 PM   
alfa247

Thank you soo much for all your help before I talk to you guys I was ready to take this thing back to the store now I am soo excited and cant wait to start making all these cute pages. Im sure Ill have lots more questions to come but for now I am a happy camper.

Thank You!!!

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> Printing Specific >> Print Quality Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4