Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Importing Digital Scrapbooking Kits

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> Importing Digital Scrapbooking Kits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Importing Digital Scrapbooking Kits - 12/25/2006 6:41:14 PM   
mdesign

I just received Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer Platinum for Christmas and was wondering if I am able to import other digital kits into this software. I read something about importing as .png files, but when I change the file extension to .png, it doesn't import. When I download my kits, they are in a zip file. Do I need to change file extensions or does this software not support importing other kits?

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/3/2007 5:12:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Importing Digital Scrapbooking Kits - 12/25/2006 7:05:17 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdesign
...was wondering if I am able to import other digital kits into this software... When I download my kits, they are in a zip file. Do I need to change file extensions or does this software not support importing other kits?

First you must unzip the file. Then you will see that the kit contains two image file formats: JPG and PNG. Both of these files can be imported into a Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer project, BUT this program does not support transparency in PNGs so you will likely find that all the PNGs look terrible. (They will appear as rectangles with white or black background, so buttons, tied ribbons, stamps, etc. lose their realism)

For digital kits that you buy online, the best programs to use them are any of the higher-end photo-editing programs. Adobe PhotoShop Elements, MS Picture It or Digital Image, Jasc Paint Shop Pro for example. Any program that supports PNG with full and partial transparency is required for using the digital scrapbooking kits.

That being said, you can still make gorgeous scrapbook pages with CKSD with the elements from its Art Gallery and with the photo tools to make great backgrounds that look like distressing or acrylic painting.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/25/2006 7:13:48 PM >

(in reply to mdesign)
Post #: 2
RE: Importing Digital Scrapbooking Kits - 12/25/2006 9:15:48 PM   
mdesign

Thanks for the quick reply! I was able to import into CKSD some background pages and elements from some free kits I downloaded and they looked fine. There were no distorted images or any problems so far.

Are there any websites that can show me examples of pages that were designed with CKSD gallery graphics, embellishments, etc.? The software box has a few, but I would like to see some more examples, if possible.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Importing Digital Scrapbooking Kits - 12/26/2006 11:20:47 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdesign
... Are there any websites that can show me examples of pages that were designed with CKSD gallery graphics, embellishments, etc.?

No there aren't and although there were some pages posted on this forum, they can no longer be accessed because we can only go back as far as 365 days to view older threads. I have a couple that I'll repost once I get back home to my own computer. Right now, I'm visiting family for the holidays. Hope you'll come back to this thread in a day or two.

(in reply to mdesign)
Post #: 4
RE: Importing Digital Scrapbooking Kits - 12/26/2006 2:52:02 PM   
ellengard

OK, here are a couple of pages I made with CKSD Deluxe v1 (which I saw on sale for only $9.99!)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to mdesign)
Post #: 5
examples made with CKSD - 12/26/2006 2:54:25 PM   
ellengard

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 2/27/2007 4:08:00 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Importing Digital Scrapbooking Kits - 12/30/2006 6:52:57 AM   
mdesign

Thank you very much for the examples. They look great! I appreciate your help.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> Importing Digital Scrapbooking Kits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4