Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Saving Photo to CD

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import >> Saving Photo to CD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Saving Photo to CD - 9/27/2007 12:09:45 PM   
sharynkel

I have created a 4x6 picture on Print shop, which i would like to save to CD and have printed in multiple copies (4x6 size) at my camera shop for Christmas cards.

the issue is that the photo itself is 4x6, but the project is still "regular paper size" and the 4x6 photo sits within that 8.5 x 11 page size. So when i back it up to CD, the entire 8.5 x 11 project is backed up, with my picture within it.

I need to only backup the 4x6 picture I've created

Is there any way to ONLY backup/save the actual 4x6 photo to my CD?
Post #: 1
RE: Saving Photo to CD - 9/27/2007 1:26:42 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharynkel
...Is there any way to ONLY backup/save the actual 4x6 photo to my CD?

Yes, you select all and group the elements as one. Then export just this selected group as a JPG.

Warning: when the photolab prints your file, your edges will get cropped off. To protect against this, you must include a safety border around your picture, preferably a solid colour closely matching the edge of your picture. Now when your picture is printed, the safety border will get cut off rather than parts of your picture.

If you don't mind losing what's around the edge of your picture, you won't need a safety border.

(in reply to sharynkel)
Post #: 2
RE: Saving Photo to CD - 9/27/2007 1:37:20 PM   
sharynkel

Thank you, I did just that...but I am really new at this and i think i must've done something incorrectly..... my photo is still 8.5x11. i need it to be 4x6. Any suggestions or thoughts on why it exported at that size? On the Print Shop, i have my margins set at 4x6 and it will print out that way (on a full page of paper) but when I exported it, it came over 8.5x 11

Thanks again

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: Saving Photo to CD - 9/27/2007 3:31:02 PM   
lindarobin

You are exporting the entire project rather than just the object. File| Export As... you should see this dialog box. Please note encircled portions.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sharynkel)
Post #: 4
RE: Saving Photo to CD - 9/27/2007 3:47:36 PM   
sharynkel

Thank you

This is what I used originally but it does not give me an option to change the print size, only the resolution. I also do not have the option to save selected objects.

Under the print size it reads 8.24x 10.74 which is likely the reason it is being saved so large.

Would you have another suggestion for me?

Thanks again for your help

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 5
RE: Saving Photo to CD - 9/27/2007 3:55:21 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharynkel
...I also do not have the option to save selected objects.

Perhaps because you do not have the grouped object selected. You must click on it to select it. A box with handles appears around the selected object. If no box, you have not selected it.

(in reply to sharynkel)
Post #: 6
RE: Saving Photo to CD - 9/27/2007 4:48:17 PM   
sharynkel

Yes, you were right. I had not selected the object and when I did, the print size was reduced

but when it exported to My Pictures, it still prints out as an 8.5x11. It must be enlarging as it exports??

I'm so frustrated

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 7
RE: Saving Photo to CD - 9/27/2007 7:21:56 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

...the print size was reduced but when it exported to My Pictures, it still prints out as an 8.5x11...

You didn't get a 4x6 print because you didn't set print dimensions to 4x6.

Check the JPG's properties. Only the pixel dimensions matter. The fact that your print was large does not mean this file wouldn't be printed 4x6 by the photo lab. Only pixel dimensions matter and they must be in the same proportion as 4x6. So 1200x1800 pixels is good. So is 1600x2400. If your proportions are wrong, the photolab will simply chop off the sides accordingly.

If I have a 3 megapixel camera and you have a 6 megapixel, we can both take a photo of the same thing and get a 4x6 print made. Theoretically, your photo should be sharper because your file has more pixel information.

(in reply to sharynkel)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import >> Saving Photo to CD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4