Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

custom background image

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Web Pages >> custom background image Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
custom background image - 10/12/2007 6:02:26 AM   
elusivnothing

I just purchased TPS deluxe 22. When i try to make a web page I am unable to add a texture to the background. I can choose effects, and add a background or panel texture, but when i choose web > page properties > browse to add texture, I can choose a texture, but once i choose apply and okay, nothing happens. Although i can use the background and texture method, there is a limited number of choices, where as by adding a texture, I can choose anything from the art gallery. I have already done a reinstall with no background programs running (a thread about this problem with PS21deluxe).
Please help. :)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/26/2010 9:11:57 PM >

Tut tut child, everythings got a moral, if only you find it
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot add texture to web page - 10/12/2007 10:25:59 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: elusivnothing
...when i choose web > page properties > browse to add texture, I can choose a texture, but once i choose apply and okay, nothing happens.

Thank you for bringing that to attention. I'll tell our forum administration about that.

I tried a few different things and what I found was that you can add your own texture in this way:

*When the Art Gallery opens, click File| Open from Disk... and browse to where you stored an image that you what for the web background.

So if there's an image in the Art Gallery that you want to use for the background, add it to your project, then export just that graphic as a JPG or GIF. Now go to Web| Page Properties and add your new texture by doing *.

This method gives you a lot more control over the size of the background image. When you export, change the pixel size to what you want. You can also create "more space" around the graphic by positioning a rectangle under it, grouping these two elements together and exporting it.

(in reply to elusivnothing)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot add texture to web page - 10/12/2007 1:19:37 PM   
elusivnothing

Okay so doing it that way totally works, so i'm glad theres a round about way to solve my problem and that also means more creativity for me. So a new problem came up when i did that. I followed your steps and pulled a graphic from my computer it worked yay. So then i went to see what would happen if i tried to change that photo to one out of the gallery. Now when you choose an image from the art gallery, it automatically pulls the one i chose from the disk (its almost as if its confused as to where the files are located).

is this an issue you've seen or are seeing. Will there be a patch or a fix for this at some point? Basically am i the ONLY person to have these troubles cause its weird to only be me.
At least i can do what i need for now, but i would like for such an expensive program to function.
Thanks

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot add texture to web page - 10/12/2007 4:55:42 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: elusivnothing
...So then i went to see what would happen if i tried to change that photo to one out of the gallery. Now when you choose an image from the art gallery, it automatically pulls the one i chose from the disk...

If you export the graphic with a different name, you can then apply that new graphic as the web background. However, overwriting the old name will not allow the program to "swap out" the background graphic unless you close the project, then reopen it. That lets the program recognize that the file has been altered and resaved.

(in reply to elusivnothing)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Web Pages >> custom background image Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4