Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

I can't print more than one copy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> I can't print more than one copy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I can't print more than one copy - 10/16/2008 7:22:05 AM   
JackieW

I need to print 50 copies of a brochure. The system will only allow one (1) at a time. How do I set the brochure for Multiple copies?
Thank You

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 11/23/2010 6:00:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: PRINTING MULTIPLE COPIES - 10/16/2008 11:09:40 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi JackieW,

Since you did not say which Operating System or which version of PrintMaster you are using, I will recommend several possible solutions that address several possible situations.

** If you are using WinXP, Win2000 or WinVista and you are NOT logged onto the system with an Administrator account, that might be what is causing the problem - because it is a known fact that printing problems are much more likely to occur with those Operating Systems while logged onto the computer with Limited User Account. If you don't know whether or not your account is an Administrator account, do this:

A. If you don't know your logon name, click on 'Start'. Then, look for your logon name at the top or bottom of the Start menu.

B. Go to 'Control Panel' then open 'User Accounts'.

C. When the 'User Accounts' window opens, look under your logon name. If you DO NOT see the word 'Administrator' under your logon name, you should contact someone who can log onto the system with an Administrator account and ask them for assistance.

** If you DO see the word 'Administrator' under your logon name, and if you are trying to print to a network printer, it is possible that you will never be able to print more than one copy of a PrintMaster brochure, even after selecting to print two or more copies. And, this is caused by the fact that the printer is not physically attached to the computer that is trying to print multiple copies.

** For some project types including brochures, certificates, fax covers, letterheads, newsletters and posters, the following workaround will often allow multiple copies to be printed.

NOTE: These instructions assume that the project is a single-page project.

1. In Print Shop®, open the project you want to print multiple copies of.

2. Click 'Edit' from the menu bar and click 'Select All'. This will select all of the objects on the project.

3. Click 'Edit' and click 'Copy'.

4. Click on 'File' and click 'New Project'. The project picker will open.

5. Click on 'Newsletter' and click 'Next'.

6. Select the same orientation (Tall or Wide) used in the original project.

7. Click once in the empty box next to 'Double-Sided' and click 'Finish'. The blank new project will appear in the design desk.

8. Click 'Edit' from the menu bar and click 'Paste'. This will copy all of the objects that were selected in Step 2 from the original project to the new
project.

9. In the bottom-left corner of the Design Desk, click the next page button (resembles an triangle) that appears to the right of 1 of 1. The Add Pages window will appear.

10. Enter 1 in the "Number of pages to add" field.

11. Verify that "After Current Page" and "Add Blank Page" are both selected and click OK.

12. Click on 'File' from the menu bar and click 'Print'. The Print dialog box will appear.

13. Verify that the correct printer is selected.

NOTE: If the printer includes a Duplex printing option, click the 'Properties' button in the 'Print' window. Locate the DUPLEX setting (typically found under the Print tab) and set its value to OFF.

14. Verify that the box for 'Double-Sided' is checked.

15. Select the number of copies to be printed.

16. Click Print.

NOTE: Complete the double-sided print wizard if prompted to do so. The double-sided print wizard must be completed to print the project. After completing the double-sided print wizard, printing will automatically begin.

17. After all copies have been printed and the prompt to re-insert the stack to print the other side appears, click 'Cancel'.

If this workaround does not solve the problem, printing to a local printer—one connected directly to the computer where PrintMaster is installed—rather than to a network printer should allow more than one copy of the project to print. However, if you are attempting to print to a local printer, it is possible that the problem is being caused by an outdated printer driver. And, if that is the case, it would be advisable for you to go to your printer manufacturer's web site to download and install the most current printer driver for your Operating System.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 3/13/2011 7:00:34 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to JackieW)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> I can't print more than one copy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4