Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PS 20: Installing Print Shop 20 on Windows 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Tech Tips >> PS 20: Installing Print Shop 20 on Windows 7 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PS 20: Installing Print Shop 20 on Windows 7 - 11/21/2009 9:07:54 PM   
Brandy redux

The most important thing to keep in mind about installing Print Shop 20 on any computer is that Print Shop 20 requires that .NET Framework 1.1 be installed on the hard drive before Print Shop 20 is installed. (Print Shop cannot work with any other version of .NET Framework.) So, the first thing that the Print Shop 20 installation process will look for is whether or not .NET Framework 1.1 is installed. If .NET Framework 1.1 is not installed, it will be installed from the Print Shop 20 install disk before Print Shop 20 is installed.

32-bit version of Windows 7:

When a ‘clean’ install is done of Print Shop 20, exactly as described in this FAQ

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7

Print Shop 20 will install on a 32-bit version of Windows 7, with only one possible incident.

The "Program Compatibility Assistant” in Windows 7 *might* display a message which says that there are compatibility issues with Print Shop 20 on Windows 7 32-bit. To continue with the installation, select "Run Program".

There is one known incompatibility with Print Shop 20 on Windows 7. It is not possible to use the Save As PDF option – because the version of Broderbund PDF Converter which is included with Print Shop 20 is not compatible with Windows 7. And, Print Shop 20 is not able to use the Broderbund PDF Creator 3.0 which is installed with later versions of Print Shop.

Attempts to use the Save As PDF option will result in one or more of the following error messages:

“Error in product configuration. Startup.cfg file not found.”

"Error opening HKLM with ALL ACCESS - setting up the registry!"

“Unable to initialize the PDF printer driver. Try re-installing.”

Attempts to install the Broderbund PDF Converter will fail.

The only way to create PDF documents with Print Shop 20 on Windows 7 would be to download and install an alternate PDF converter, as is described in this pinned item

Save as PDF vs File | Print to PDF

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/13/2010 5:25:18 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com
Post #: 1
RE: Installing Print Shop 20 on Windows 7 - 3/28/2010 6:56:06 PM   
Brandy redux

64-bit version of Windows 7:

When a ‘clean’ install is done of Print Shop 20, exactly as described in this FAQ

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7

Print Shop 20 should install on a 64-bit version of Windows 7, with one incident.

1. If .NET Framework 1.1 is not already installed on the computer, the "Program Compatibility Assistant” in Windows 7 will display this message

To continue with the installation, select "Run Program". After .NET Framework 1.1 is installed, the necessary updates will be pulled from the Microsoft Windows Update Service.

When you use Print Shop 20, you will find that the Save As PDF option doesn't work - because the Broderbund PDF Creator that is included with Print Shop 20 is not compatible with either the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version of Windows 7. So, the only way to create PDF documents with Print Shop 20 on Windows 7 would be to download and install an alternate PDF converter, as is described in this pinned item

Save as PDF vs File | Print to PDF

And, you will not be able to access online projects and graphics by using either the 'More Projects' tab of the Project Gallery or the 'More Art & Photos' tab of the Art Gallery - because the online projects and graphics are no longer accessible by Print Shop 20. But, this does not have anything to do with Windows 7 - because the online projects and graphics are no longer accessible by Print Shop 20 with any Operating System.

For more information about that, please click on this link

PS Art Gallery: 'Please Select User' window

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/23/2010 11:51:42 AM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Tech Tips >> PS 20: Installing Print Shop 20 on Windows 7 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4