Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Julian Dates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Julian Dates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Julian Dates - 11/5/2010 8:24:14 AM   
FixitMAD

Hello,

I was wondering why the original knowledge base from riverdeep support for the orignal Broderbund were never incorporated into these new forums? I found many useful tips that still works with Calander Creator Deluxe 12.

I was wondering about adding Julian Date's to my calendar and found this information still on the older site from riverdeep support.

Creating a Julian Date Calendar

After installing and using Calendar Creator™ 9 Deluxe, you want to create a Julian Calendar. Calendar Creator™ 9 Deluxe does not feature a true Julian Date function. The remainder of this technical note describes a procedure that will assist in emulating this feature.

Complete these steps:

1. Open a calendar to January 1 of the desired year.
2. Double-click the January 1 day cell to add an event. The Add Event dialog box will appear.
3. Remove the text in the Description field.
4. Click Functions. The Functions Properties dialog box will appear.
5. In the Topic section, select Count.
6. In the Functions section, select &Countnum.
7. Click Paste Function and click OK.
8. Click Advanced Repeat Rule.
9. In the Set Repeat Occurrence Rule section, set the Start Date and Repeat Until.
10. Click the button on the left marked Every.

NOTE: This time frame must be at least one year.

11. Select the Every option and enter the number 1 (to the right).
12. Select Month(s)(Days) from the pull-down menu.
13. Place a check in the All days option. This should highlight all the date numbers in the list box.
14. Confirm that the Exceptions option is set to No Exceptions and the Weekend Occurrences option is set to Do Not Move.
15. Click OK to return to the Add Event dialog box.
16. Click OK again to save the event.

Technical Note ID: 41710
(Write down the Technical Note ID number for future reference. The ID number may be entered in the Search field on the Welcome page to immediately access this technical note in the future.)

I thought I would pass this along since Julian date is very useful still.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Julian Dates - 11/5/2010 12:30:35 PM   
Brandy redux

quote:

I was wondering why the original knowledge base from Riverdeep support for the original Broderbund were never incorporated into these new forums?

Hi FixitMAD,

There are 3 reasons why the Knowledge Base articles from Riverdeep support are not incorporated into these new forums.

1. Even though Riverdeep is the parent company of Broderbund, Riverdeep & Broderbund are completely separate companies. So, the support team for Riverdeep is completely separate from the support team for Broderbund.

2. Knowledge Base articles are normally posted only on the Support sites. The Support sites for the various Broderbund, Encore & Hoyle programs can be accessed here

http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/Default.aspx

while Riverdeep Customer Support is found here

http://support.riverdeep.net/

3. The only purpose of these user-to-user forums is for users to help each other with problems they are experiencing with the Broderbund, Encore or Hoyle software.

As to the Julian Dates Knowledge Base article which you posted, we prefer to not post information about a specific subject on the forums until a user asks a question about that subject. And, even though these forums have been active since 2004, you are the first user to mention Julian Dates.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 2
RE: Julian Dates - 11/5/2010 12:38:14 PM   
FixitMAD

Sounds good.

Thanks for the information. I think I posted the Julian because I could not find it under the Encore technical support area. I was just indicating that it is good that the previous place (though hard to find) still had old information on this since the built-in help of CC deluxe 12 did not have anything listed for Julian dates.

Thanks.

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Julian Dates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4