Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Font Size, Event Spacing and Untimed Events

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Font Size, Event Spacing and Untimed Events Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Font Size, Event Spacing and Untimed Events - 5/31/2012 1:19:16 PM   
psmith1970

I have converted from Calendar Creater V2 to V12 and am wondering how to do a global change to the font selected for the new version. The default font is so small you need a magnifying glass to read it on the printed page. I realize I can change each event, but that will take forever to do and I have lots of new entries I need to make.

Also, the older version had less space between the events, thus allowing more events to be placed in a day's cell. How is the default spacing for that changed?

Older version allowed untimed events to be shown before timed events and I haven't found the right way to do that in the newer version.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 7/22/2012 5:25:04 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Font Size, Event Spacing and Untimed Events - 5/31/2012 3:23:52 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi psmith1970,

For future reference, if you will click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=42822

you will see in that "History of Calendar Creator" that, after Calendar Creator was released by Softkey (after being purchased from PowerUp), the Calendar Creator software was subsequently released by The Learning Company. Then, after Calendar Creator was released under the Broderbund brand name, Calendar Creator was completely redesigned for version 7. And, since that redesign, many of the features in later versions of Calendar Creator work in a different manner than the same versions in CC 2. And, some of the features in CC 2 are no longer available in CC 12.

As to your question about a global change to the font, since many of the global options in CC 2 were removed when CC was redesigned, the only global option for fonts is to change the font for each category. Then, the fonts for *most* of the events for that category will automatically be switched to the new font. However, if the font for an event has ever been manually edited in the past, the font for that event *might* not be automatically changed after the font for the category is changed. When that happens, the only option is to either change each event manually OR to delete the event then recreate the event - which should cause the event to be created in the correct font and should allow the font for that event to be automatically changed when the font is changed for that category in the future.

As to where you said this:

"How is the default spacing for that changed?"

It is not possible to change the default spacing for any event - because, in the newer versions of Calendar Creator, all event spacing is controlled by the program.

As to the sorting of timed and untimed events, please click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=42343&mpage=1&key=

to view the recommended procedure for sorting/prioritizing events.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 7/22/2012 5:25:13 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to psmith1970)
Post #: 2
RE: Font Size, Event Spacing and Untimed Events - 5/31/2012 3:31:12 PM   
Brandy redux

One Additional Thought psmith1970,

After I posted the message above, I realized that I failed to mention the fact that it is *sometimes* possible to adjust the spacing for events by doing this:

a. Right click on an empty day cell, then select 'Properties' in the menu that drops down.

b. When the Properties window opens, click on the 'Miscellaneous' tab.

c. If you see that there is a check mark in the box next to "Fit event cell size to description," click in that box - remove the check mark.

If you see that there is NOT a check mark in the box next to "Fit event cell size to description," click in that box - to place a check mark in the box.

d. Click on 'OK' to return to the calendar.

If you see that changing that option did not produce the desired results, go back to the 'Miscellaneous' tab then reset the "Fit event cell size to description" box to its original setting.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 7/22/2012 5:25:28 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Font Size, Event Spacing and Untimed Events Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4