Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Win 7 installing problems

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Win 7 installing problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Win 7 installing problems - 1/20/2013 5:57:55 PM   
AussieKozzy

Hi there,

I've got a customer who is running Windows 7 and is having problems installing it. She has installed Quicktime and upgraded her Java as requested by the installer, but when she goes to install it now it doesn't go through the complete process. I got her to click on the set up and it goes through the processs of initiating it, but then Windows asks her to confirm that the install/modification was allowed and once she clicks yes it takes her back to the installer and then a box with a cross and no error message pops up.

Any advice on what could be causing this?

Cheers,
JAmes
Post #: 1
RE: Win 7 installing problems - 1/20/2013 9:29:55 PM   
SamCW04

The recommended procedure for installing any Broderbund or Encore product is to perform a clean install, as is described here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=24104&mpage=1&key=帨

If those directions are followed exactly as described, the installation should proceed correctly. If it does not, you might want to keep in mind that all Broderbund and Encore products are designed to work only on English versions of Windows and with the Regional settings set to an English language, such as English (Australia).

(in reply to AussieKozzy)
Post #: 2
RE: Win 7 installing problems - 1/20/2013 9:32:09 PM   
JasonC

If you see a screen that says Pre Requisites before install.... You can cancel them if you are certain that they are already threre. It will not affect the normal install of the program.

For me, It wanted Direct X and Visual Basic and Dot Net Framework before install. I just allowed it to instal, but hit cancel on each one and that seemed to satisfy the installer and let me put in the program as normal.

(Allow the program to run each pre requisite but abort each installer for each in the middle)

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

Post #: 3
RE: Win 7 installing problems - 1/20/2013 10:40:20 PM   
SamCW04

quote:

Allow the program to run each pre requisite but abort each installer for each in the middle

There should be no need to abort the installer for the prerequisite software. For the current versions of Broderbund & Encore software, if the installer sees that the prerequistie software is already installed or a newer version of the prerequisite software is already installed, nothing will be installed. But, that fact is not readily obvious, because the installer for the prerequisite software will walk through the same steps as it would if it were installing the prerequisite software for the first time. As a matter of fact, unless you are absolutely certain that the prerequisite software is already installed, it would not be advisable to abort the installer of the prerequisite software.

< Message edited by SamCW04 -- 1/20/2013 10:56:41 PM >

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 4
RE: Win 7 installing problems - 1/21/2013 5:39:55 PM   
ellengard

T said to allow the program to run each pre requisite and then "cancel them if you are certain that they are already there". That would bypass the tedious process where "the installer for the prerequisite software will walk through the same steps as it would if it were installing the prerequisite software for the first time".

(in reply to SamCW04)
Post #: 5
RE: Win 7 installing problems - 1/21/2013 5:43:47 PM   
ellengard

If you continue having technical problems, please contact technical support:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/

Here on this user-to-user functionality support forum, we primarily share ideas on making projects and how to use the program's tools and features.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Win 7 installing problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4