Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printmaster 18.1 -Printing with Zebra GX430T thermal printer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> Printmaster 18.1 -Printing with Zebra GX430T thermal printer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printmaster 18.1 -Printing with Zebra GX430T thermal pr... - 2/11/2013 8:30:23 AM   
susie

I am looking to buy a Zebra thermal printer. I noticed that the drop down box in my printer setup has the GX430T listed. Does this mean this is the only thermal printer that printmaster will be able to print thermal labels from without downloading any new drivers?
Post #: 1
RE: Printmaster 18.1 -Printing with Zebra GX430T therma... - 2/11/2013 9:42:20 AM   
ellengard

What you see in your printer setup are the printer drivers that are installed on your computer. It has nothing to do with PrintMaster.

If old printer drivers work, you don't have to install new ones.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/11/2013 9:44:48 AM >

(in reply to susie)
Post #: 2
RE: Printmaster 18.1 -Printing with Zebra GX430T therma... - 2/11/2013 9:55:24 AM   
susie

I was told that I wouldn't be able to use printmaster to print my labels on a zebra printer.....that I'd have to get software compatible with the thermal printer. Have you ever heard of being able to use printmaster on thermal printers?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Printmaster 18.1 -Printing with Zebra GX430T therma... - 2/11/2013 3:46:04 PM   
ellengard

You can try using PrintMaster to print on your thermal printer. It worked with my ZDesigner LP 2844 thermal printer, but only for certain projects. There won't be 100% compatibility with any thermal printer. You might have to do some complex workarounds to counter any print misalignments.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/11/2013 3:52:21 PM >

(in reply to susie)
Post #: 4
RE: Printmaster 18.1 -Printing with Zebra GX430T therma... - 2/12/2013 5:47:15 AM   
susie

I downloaded the Zebra software label maker and when I went into my Printmaster program I found that it changed all the fonts! Is there any way to avoid this when installing the Zebra software? Thank you!! Susie

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Printmaster 18.1 -Printing with Zebra GX430T therma... - 2/12/2013 10:48:06 AM   
ellengard

It may have given you more fonts, but I don't see how it could delete fonts you installed previously.

Unless the installation program pauses to ask you to skip the installation of new fonts, you can't prevent it. You can uninstall fonts manually afterwards.

(in reply to susie)
Post #: 6
RE: Printmaster 18.1 -Printing with Zebra GX430T therma... - 2/12/2013 11:33:30 AM   
susie

No, no.....it didn't give me more fonts....it garbbled up the existing fonts that I have making them very large and changed them automatically. For instance on a label I print a lot of the time, it change it to a huge font that didn't even fit the label size after installing the software? Any idea how it could corrupt a whole program like that? After I uninstalled the zebra software, all the labels looked like they did before so I know it was that software that caused the problem.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Printmaster 18.1 -Printing with Zebra GX430T therma... - 2/12/2013 12:21:26 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: susie
... Any idea how it could corrupt a whole program like that? After I uninstalled the zebra software, all the labels looked like they did before so I know it was that software that caused the problem.

It wasn't corrupted (otherwise the changes would be permanent). PrintMaster displays projects based on the active printer driver and printer set up.

Generally speaking, if you first make sure the printer set up matches the page size you used before, then when you open your project, everything should look fine (unless the printer is simply incompatible with PrintMaster).

Different printer drivers may have different character/line spacing, so there can be realignment and text box overflow.

(in reply to susie)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> Printmaster 18.1 -Printing with Zebra GX430T thermal printer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4