Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Centering

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Centering Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Centering - 6/8/2013 8:38:22 PM   
mary ann

Still having a problem centering. I tried what was suggested: Drew the text box to the width and height of the page and selected center justification from the text formatting. I am trying to print a 4x6 side fold greeting card. Both the inside pages (2&3) are too close to the middle fold to be balanced. I have tried many other options (Used almost an entire package of paper) without any success. In previous programs this was never an issue and was done automatically. Very frustrated. Hope you can help.

Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Centering - 6/8/2013 9:58:47 PM   
ellengard

What program you are using? You posted the same question in Print Shop 2.0 forum.

(in reply to mary ann)
Post #: 2
RE: Centering - 6/8/2013 10:42:15 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: mary ann
... I am trying to print a 4x6 side fold greeting card.

The misalignment is probably due to incorrect printer settings. In PM2012, this project requires paper size set to height of 6, width of 8. Margins need to be minimized. Do actual size, not scaled which shrinks your project to fit inside your margins. Big margins = big shrinkage. That could be your problem.

If the print preview doesn't look perfect, don't waste your ink and paper. Go back and fix your printer settings.

Note: Solution is different if you are printing on letter size stock and then trimming off all four edges to end up with a 4x6 folded card.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 6/8/2013 10:50:34 PM >

(in reply to mary ann)
Post #: 3
RE: Centering - 6/9/2013 10:44:44 AM   
mary ann

Dear Ellengard,

Thank you for trying to help, but still no solution. I even tried shrinking the margins as you suggested. I shrunk them to (L)0.116 and (R) to 0.198 and hitting OK. Comes out the same and when I go back to check my margin settings they have returned to the original settings of 1.50 each, so that is why the printing comes out the same. I have had 5-6 other programs since I started making my own cards and have never had to reset my printer, the cards just came out perfectly balanced on the side edges. I have been working on this for 1 week many hours a day wasting paper and ink and am very frustrated. This is the worst program I have ever had and I bought it for the name which has been good in the past. It is imperative I get this right; I am making invitations for our 55th wedding anniversary celebration and I want these perfect. I don't know what else to do.

mary ann

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Centering - 6/9/2013 2:59:19 PM   
ellengard

Export your project to JPG. You will get two JPG files. Open and print them in a different program.

p.s. congrats on 55 years!

(in reply to mary ann)
Post #: 5
RE: Centering - 6/9/2013 3:59:46 PM   
ellengard

In this program, making folded cards is much easier if you use letter size stock. Did you buy pre-cut 8x6 stock so that you can't just use standard card stock?

(in reply to mary ann)
Post #: 6
RE: Centering - 6/9/2013 4:18:55 PM   
mary ann

Dear Ellengard,

First, thank you for your congrats. Next, I am afraid I do not know what JPG file are of how to export them there. Lastly, regarding your second message; I am using regular 8x11.5 paper to print these on. Are you saying that I should buy special 6x8 card paper and it will come out all balanced and lined up properly?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Centering - 6/9/2013 4:36:06 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: mary ann
... I am afraid I do not know what JPG file are of how to export them there.

File> Export... then follow the prompts. Choose large size for best quality resolution.

quote:

I am using regular 8x11.5 paper to print these on. Are you saying that I should buy special 6x8 card paper and it will come out all balanced and lined up properly?

No, not at all. It is more difficult dealing with non-letter size stock. What is 8x11.5? A4? Standard letter size is 8.5x11. If you use letter size stock, then there should be no problem printing at all. Make sure your paper size is set to letter size. Your card should print in the middle of the sheet. After you fold it, cut off the side margins.

If you are really using 8x11.5, you are going to have a problem.

(in reply to mary ann)
Post #: 8
RE: Centering - 6/9/2013 8:27:28 PM   
mary ann

Dear Ellengard,

Halleluiah.

Thank you so much. I finally got what you meant in your last e-mail. Thank you so much for being so patient with me and for hanging in there with me and communicating with me with your instructions so frequently. You are a gem. This was a big stressor because of the importance of it as I mentioned earlier. Now I feel a big relief. I really, really am so grateful to you for working with me so diligently all week-end long. Have a great week.

Gratefully,

mary ann

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: Centering - 6/9/2013 9:03:45 PM   
ellengard

I'm very glad it's working for you now.

(in reply to mary ann)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Centering Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4