Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Print Shop Pro 3.5

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Print Shop Pro 3.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Print Shop Pro 3.5 - 1/10/2014 5:53:47 AM   
lisbar

I have installed the software on a new Windows 7 64bit computer that is on a corporate network. The software works great until you go to print. I have older projects saved that I try to print. Once I hit the print button I get a message saying You have one or more unsaved projects open. Would you like to save them now? I can answer Yes No or Cancel and all three will close the program. If I start a new project and go to print I it just closes. I am printing to an HP Color Laserjet 2600. When contacting Encore support I was told that the software would not work on a networked computer. I don't believe this as I can log in as admin and can print. I have give the user local administrator rights, still nothing. I have told the executable file to run as administrator, still no change. I think there is a file or directory or something that I need to change permissions to but just don't know what or where. If there is anyone out there that can help I would greatly appreciate it. If I need to explain more, just let me know.
Post #: 1
RE: Print Shop Pro 3.5 - 1/10/2014 7:21:09 AM   
JasonC

If the printer is on a "Network" as opposed to being shared those are two different dynamics right there. Has to do with the Local Area Network and a IP Address type of situation for which the printer operates off of.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to lisbar)
Post #: 2
RE: Print Shop Pro 3.5 - 1/10/2014 7:29:25 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: lisbar

I have installed the software on a new Windows 7 64bit computer that is on a corporate network. The software works great until you go to print. I have older projects saved that I try to print. Once I hit the print button I get a message saying You have one or more unsaved projects open. Would you like to save them now? I can answer Yes No or Cancel and all three will close the program. If I start a new project and go to print I it just closes. I am printing to an HP Color Laserjet 2600. When contacting Encore support I was told that the software would not work on a networked computer. I don't believe this as I can log in as admin and can print. I have give the user local administrator rights, still nothing. I have told the executable file to run as administrator, still no change. I think there is a file or directory or something that I need to change permissions to but just don't know what or where. If there is anyone out there that can help I would greatly appreciate it. If I need to explain more, just let me know.

As a workaround, you can try saving your projects to a PDF files or a JPG image and then using a program such as Adobe Reader or MS Paint to print the project

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to lisbar)
Post #: 3
RE: Print Shop Pro 3.5 - 1/13/2014 5:23:48 AM   
lisbar

Yes, the printer in networked on a LAN. It has a static IP address. What access rights does the user need to have? She is local Admin currently. I have given her full control of the printer.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 4
RE: Print Shop Pro 3.5 - 1/13/2014 9:02:30 AM   
JasonC

That's the thing that is ruining it, the program does not handle printers binded by an IP address. If you were to share the printer on a local home network that does not have an IP address then it's a different story. I did some testing around a couple of days ago, fired up our printer that only prints one color (broken printer heads) shared the printer on the main computer, and then networked it to mine in the bedroom. Each user that is printing from within the network needs to have the drivers from that printer on their computer as a result. There are other certain circumstances and limitations which prevents you from mixing and matching acrosss various operating systems and the 32 bit and 64 bit factors.

Still though As I said, from the local program interface, save your project as a JPG file, or a PDF File. Then you can email it to her and she can print it from the attachment you send her.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to lisbar)
Post #: 5
RE: Print Shop Pro 3.5 - 1/28/2014 2:15:09 PM   
Awilda

I have installed the Print Shop Pro 3.5, and started an address book. I did not alphabetize the names I began adding. I have first names first. I would like to have the names listed in alphabetical order with last names. Re: John Smith, Alice Abbot, Joe Zach listed in address as Alice Abbot, John Smith and Joe Zach. I also have many more names to add. How do I get the names in alphabetical order by last name? I have read the 3.5 guide, and cannot see how to do this anywhere. Does anyone else know? Help!....And Thanks!

< Message edited by Awilda -- 1/28/2014 2:23:55 PM >

(in reply to lisbar)
Post #: 6
RE: Print Shop Pro 3.5 - 1/28/2014 2:54:29 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Awilda
...How do I get the names in alphabetical order by last name?

The Address Book will ALWAYS open with names in the order they were added in. Unfortunately, this cannot be changed. You can do a temporary sort, just to find a name, by clicking the Last Name title at the top of the column. When you close the Address Book and reopen, the sorting is gone.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/28/2014 2:55:42 PM >

(in reply to Awilda)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Print Shop Pro 3.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4