Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Restoring files from Thumb Drive

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Restoring files from Thumb Drive Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Restoring files from Thumb Drive - 3/12/2014 10:56:37 AM   
KeithParker

I've had to Re-Boot my system and Reinstalled my Print Master Platinum v6 program. Before doing so, I moved my programs into my Thumb Drive. I am having difficulty placing those programs back into Print Master.
Could you help me with the step-by-step way to make this happen. Thank you!! - Keith
Post #: 1
RE: Restoring files from Thumb Drive - 3/12/2014 11:43:13 AM   
JasonC

The easiest way to access your content you backed up is to place those files in a folder named of your choice. Then when you want to open an existing project choose the folder you placed the files into.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to KeithParker)
Post #: 2
RE: Restoring files from Thumb Drive - 3/12/2014 12:03:31 PM   
JasonC

Under a default installation, there is a folder called Print Master Projects under the Documents folder. Did you back up your Documents folder as well when you had to redo your computer?

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 3
RE: Restoring files from Thumb Drive - 3/12/2014 12:11:06 PM   
KeithParker

To answer your question, I had to completely wipe out the system and start from scratch (this was a process of WEEKS of tech support from Dell with MANY issues). I put a New Folder on the Desktop and placed
each program (only 6 files in total) from the Thumb Drive into the folder. When I click on any of the programs, it will take me to Print Master, but nothing shows up. - Keith

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 4
RE: Restoring files from Thumb Drive - 3/12/2014 12:33:58 PM   
JasonC

You have to install the program from the installation disk to be able to access the program properly. That's the first step. See the picture I embedded. Do you have this folder on your flash drive? If you don't then all the projects you have worked on are lost. This particular folder PrintMaster Projects should be backed up in the event that you have to do a system project such as wipe the computer clean and start over again. You can copy the folder that I've shown into the flash drive or save your projects to the flash drive for future retrieval.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 3/12/2014 12:34:55 PM >

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 5
RE: Restoring files from Thumb Drive - 3/12/2014 6:08:40 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: KeithParker
... I moved my programs into my Thumb Drive. I am having difficulty placing those programs back into Print Master.

To avoid confusion, do not mix up your terms. PrintMaster is a program. The program is used to create projects.

Rebooting your system is not the same as reformatting your hard drive. If you reformatted, then yes, everything is wiped out. All programs must be reinstalled and all projects must be imported.

If you did not copy the entire PrintMaster Projects Folder from within the Documents folder, before the reformat, unfortunately you have lost all your projects.

Each PrintMaster project consists of four folders and one pmx file. A pmx file without its corresponding folders is useless because the folders contain the images.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Restoring files from Thumb Drive Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4