Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Multiple random occurances of same event

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Multiple random occurances of same event Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple random occurances of same event - 5/15/2014 10:05:19 AM   
dwawat

I have been using version 4 of CC for several years and now due to forced utilization of Windows7, it will no longer function, and I have upgraded to v12.1 In the older version there was a calander with "radio buttons" that I could select to repeat the same event a number of random times in a month. (we are using this for a time scheduler for days working, call time, requests, etc.) In the new version the only way I can find to select an event for a day in a month is the start date. How do I select an event and repeat it several times in one month?
Post #: 1
RE: Multiple random occurances of same event - 5/15/2014 2:55:40 PM   
DEJenc3

In the newer versions of calendar Creator, like calendar Creator 12, you create repetition by choosing a Repeat Rule from the Event's properties. If the repetition is simple, a choice from the dropdown will work. If it's more complex, you choose the button for Advance Repeat Rule, where you'll find more options. For example, you might choose the radio button for Every, and then start making your selections from the drop-down for days, weeks, etc., and it should be evident what choices to make.

If you have an event that doesn't fit into these categories, please describe it in detail and maybe we can come up with a suggestion.

If the events are truly random, I can't see that it would be considered a repeating event (in the Calendar Creator sense), and each event would have to be entered on its own.

David

(in reply to dwawat)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiple random occurances of same event - 5/16/2014 9:20:15 AM   
dwawat

You are correct in that there is no repeating pattern. I need the ability to randomly place up to 6 events (in this case names) throughout the month without any regard to pattern or repetition. I can only refer to previous versions, such as v4 where I pick a month out of a year and am then presented with that months calendar of daily buttons and I select which days I want to schedule that event (or name) and then move on to the next event (or name) and select which days I want that event to appear. This is repeated intil the month is full. There is no way to create a pattern rule for these events. Are there any other earlier versions of CC that approximates the ability I have described that will still work in Windows 7?

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiple random occurances of same event - 5/16/2014 12:25:46 PM   
Kira

The Advanced Repeat Rule that Dejenc3 mentioned should allow you to accomplish your goal. All you should have to do after you select the Advanced Repeat Rule button is to make sure that the desired Start Date and Repeat Until Date are selected. Then, you would select the desired dates by simply clicking on each date on the calendar - to create exceptions.

(in reply to dwawat)
Post #: 4
RE: Multiple random occurances of same event - 5/16/2014 12:35:02 PM   
DEJenc3

Thank you, Kira. That's an excellent suggestion, and much easier than copying/creating separate events.

David

(in reply to Kira)
Post #: 5
RE: Multiple random occurances of same event - 5/17/2014 10:20:41 PM   
dwawat

Thanks Kira. I think I understand. When I select start and end date, is that the beginning and end of the current month, or an earlier date to 10 yrs from now? Thanks for your help.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 6
RE: Multiple random occurances of same event - 5/17/2014 11:57:01 PM   
Kira

The Start and End Date would be defined only by what you are trying to accomplish. For instance, if you are creating multiple random occurrences for a month, the Start Date would be the 1st and the End Date should be the last day of the month. Or, if you are creating multiple random occurrences for an entire year (say 2015) the Start Date would be January 1, 2015, and the End Date would be December 31, 2015.

You will not be able to create any exceptions until after you define the Start date and End Date because the program will not allow you to select any date which occurs before the default Start Date (which is the date you double-clicked to create the event) or after the default End Date (which is only one day after the default Start Date).

(in reply to dwawat)
Post #: 7
RE: Multiple random occurances of same event - 5/19/2014 9:29:25 PM   
dwawat

Kira, Thank you so much for the info on creating random calendar entries. I did as you said and it worked perfectly. I have one more question if you or our moderator has any suggestions. Can I display the calendar on half of the screen as I do now to see all of the calendar and on the other half display all of my events so as not to have to go back and forth between the screens to set up my events for the month? Thanks in advance for your expert advice.

(in reply to Kira)
Post #: 8
RE: Multiple random occurances of same event - 5/19/2014 10:14:59 PM   
DEJenc3

You can do that with a top/bottom split screen. to do that: drag the line at the bottom of the calendar screen and drag it up to show the list of events. The events will be confined to the time limits of the current calendar view, so it will not display all of the events in the calendar collection. This may work for your purposes, and you can give it a try.

David

(in reply to dwawat)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Multiple random occurances of same event Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4