Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Evenlopes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Evenlopes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Evenlopes - 12/9/2014 2:01:20 PM   
dogfood

Problem: I have tried to print on envelopes and I am having NO LUCK::::: In my old Printshop 11 I could use envelope choice A-5 for quarter fold envelope size..........That was not working on my new Print Shop 3.5/////the printing would be in the
middle of the envelope......so I measured my envelopes and tried to put that in..........Well my Custom envelope showed up in my envelope choices.....BUT it did not show up in the DROP DOWN BAR ....and I have not been able to figure out how to print an envelope for
for my quarter fold cards.........That has been my first adventure for making envelopes.........I use a lot of 1/4 fold envelopes,,,,,,and a few of 1/2 size and regular envelopes....I sure hope I have better luck when I try making those.
HELP PLEASE!!!!!

# 2 The advertisement says over 600 fonts..........how do access those
Post #: 1
RE: Evenlopes - 12/9/2014 4:00:05 PM   
ellengard

Printing envelopes works when your printer has a selection of envelope sizes that match your project size.

For example, when I selected a #10 template and went to my printer properties advanced options and changed the paper size to #10 envelope, ALL WENT WELL.

If your printer does not have have your envelope size, then you have to create a custom size using your printer's software. i.e. see your printer settings for options or advanced features. This is INDEPENDENT from the Print Shop program.

Here is a partial screen capture of my printer's selection of paper sizes. As you can see, my printer does not offer me a quarter-fold size, so I would have to create it myself via the PostScript Custom Page Size option. Different printers offer different options.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dogfood)
Post #: 2
RE: Evenlopes - 12/9/2014 4:08:40 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: dogfood
The advertisement says over 600 fonts..........how do access those

The font choices should appear when you create a text box. If you have Win 8.1, there may be a font installation issue. Someone will come along and explain further.

(in reply to dogfood)
Post #: 3
RE: Evenlopes - 12/9/2014 4:16:04 PM   
dogfood

Why does printshop have create a print size and then .....if you can't create one on it

As for the fonts.......of course I know where to get them but there aren't 600 there

(in reply to dogfood)
Post #: 4
RE: Evenlopes - 12/9/2014 5:04:13 PM   
ellengard

I don't think you read my post. I said that you have to set YOUR PRINTER to the proper paper size so that it matches your project size. Perhaps your problem is that your printer is set for letter size and you haven't changed it.

I already mentioned that there may be a font installation issue with Win 8.1. I sent a message to the forum admin. He can explain what you need to do.

(in reply to dogfood)
Post #: 5
RE: Evenlopes - 12/9/2014 5:19:01 PM   
ellengard

Found it. The thread about fonts not installing when the OS is Win 8. See this for how you can get the fonts from tech support.
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=48017

(in reply to dogfood)
Post #: 6
RE: Evenlopes - 12/9/2014 6:37:37 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: dogfood

Why does printshop have create a print size and then .....if you can't create one on it

As for the fonts.......of course I know where to get them but there aren't 600 there

Please see the post that ellengard posted for help with fonts.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to dogfood)
Post #: 7
RE: Evenlopes - 12/9/2014 9:32:43 PM   
ellengard

I received an email from dogfood who successfully printed her envelopes

"... able to print a quarter fold size envelope by... selecting A6 on my printer properties."

(in reply to dogfood)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> Evenlopes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4