Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Unable to print in colour

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Unable to print in colour Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to print in colour - 1/17/2016 9:59:45 AM   
LarryNewt

We have just purchased printshop Deluxe vs 4. As a 1st time practice we have been unable to print our project in colour? Even though it displays in colour, it prints out in grayscale. I am sure there must be a 'simple' explanation but what is it? The Instructions Index do not indicate any. We print in colour (or choose grayscale if we want it) from all other programs. We don't feel like we are off to a good start. Please advise. We have Windows 10.

< Message edited by LarryNewt -- 1/17/2016 10:00:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to print in colour - 1/17/2016 1:01:46 PM   
ellengard

Check your printer's manufacturer's website for the most current Win 10 printer driver for your model.

(in reply to LarryNewt)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to print in colour - 1/17/2016 2:26:09 PM   
LarryNewt

Thank you. I will do that. If there was a problem there - would it not affect other programs when printing also?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to print in colour - 1/17/2016 2:33:03 PM   
ellengard

Some programs (usually older ones) work fine with an older printer and its older driver.

(in reply to LarryNewt)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to print in colour - 1/17/2016 2:43:47 PM   
ellengard

My favorite workaround is to create a PDF version of my project and print the PDF via Adobe Reader. (Win 10 has decent PDF writer) I don't ever recall anyone saying they couldn't print a PDF successfully. Adobe Reader always seems to be compatible with whatever printer is being used.

Actually, creating a PDF is part of my work flow, not just a workaround. I get all my printing done professionally, so that requires that I submit a PDF.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 1/17/2016 2:51:55 PM >

(in reply to LarryNewt)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to print in colour - 1/24/2016 6:57:31 PM   
LarryNewt

Just want to thank you for responding to my problem. I appreciate the suggestions that you have given. I was reluctant to jump into downloading other items as I am not a very tech person & was afraid of messing something else up as everything else seemed to be working fine. I find it very difficult to find what programs are on the computer even with the Windows 8, now Windows 10. I did find the problem with some family help in the end. It seems that grayscale was turned on as a default under the Print option. With it turned 'off' all now works. This was never a problem before so whether it is due to the new Print Shop program or Windows 10 - I don't know but now I can operate again. Thank you very much.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Unable to print in colour - 1/24/2016 8:49:13 PM   
ellengard

Thanks for posting back. It's good to know that nothing was wrong, and that you just had to change your printer color setting.

(in reply to LarryNewt)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Unable to print in colour Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4